Great Crowd Edit:13,900.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

torana355

First Grader
Premium Member
I just got home from work and noticed how big the crowd was tonight. I wish i was able to get out there!! Good work to everyone that did get out there to support the boys.

RE: Great Crowd 18,700!!

The Manly Sea Eagles have tonight run out 22-18 victors over a gallant Parramatta Eels in front of 13,959 fans at Brookvale Oval, although the win will not be enough to send Manly to the top of the table.

I was there.No way it was 18+K.Heard there were 40" queues to get in,so a healthy crowd,none-the-less!15 B4 kick off there were about 7 or 8.

I said 14 k to 15 k and so it was. It was not compressed on the hill, there was heaps of space.

Fair crowd for a Monday night but very few Slime fans there really.

ayjay007 said:
I was there.No way it was 18+K.Heard there were 40" queues to get in,so a healthy crowd,none-the-less!15 B4 kick off there were about 7 or 8.

Was that 40" (inch) or 40' (feet)? :huh:

There were ridiculously massive lines for tickets when we got there & they were in place for about 10-15min after the game started. Don't know whether that is more down to ticketek ineptitude or the crowd numbers.

The bandwagon was certainly out in force tonight.

This would be up there with one of our best crowds for a Monday night game. Good turnout, but it makes you wonder how packed it would have been if it were on a Sunday arvo. gosh 18k for sure.

Sunday arvo would have been house full

i missed the first 10 minutes due to the traffic from Ryde - Brookie and there was a queue at least 200+ for tickets at the northern entry even then.

Fox did say 18,000 at one stage but I knew it was more like 14,000...still a bloody good crowd for a Monday night I must say.

Jethro said:
ayjay007 said:

"=minutes,(as in '=hours,"=minutes).I was talking time,as the blokes behind me were,not distance.

I was also late to the game cause of the horrid traffic coming from Ryde. Listening to those fools on triple m and they were saying it was a massive crowd at the fortress at Leichhardt....

i saw the line at the KA entrances as well as the Maccas side entrance. It was huge 10 mins prior to kick off.

Wonder if any of them turned away and went tot he pub instead.

Glad I got a season ticket.

They have something planned for the NW corner of the ground in the next couple of years - but a new entrance (where the old turnstiles are) at the NW corner wouldn't go astray. Only cost 2-3 hundred grand for a similar treatment to the new ones at the SE corner.
Also:
Have groundstaff in communication via radios re-directing people to other entrances (if need be) wouldn't hurt either. Or is that too logical?

ayjay007 said:
Jethro said:
ayjay007 said:

"=minutes,(as in '=hours,"=minutes).I was talking time,as the blokes behind me were,not distance.

Fair enough ayjay. I now understand what you were trying to say. I was just a little confused as to your use of the symbol abbreviation as I normally relate the " symbol to inches or even as an angle degree breakdown symbol.

I don't mean to sound pedantic but as it appears that you are incorrectly using the angle abbreviation symbol and relating it to time, I just wanted to let you know that the correct symbol for minutes is ' as seconds are " ( http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/outside.html )

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6