Grant Mayer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
interested to see what peoples thoughts are on our current CEO.

Im gonna make a massive call and say i think hes our best adminstrator since Arthurson.

He knows how to work the media and hes getting results for us on and off the field.

Very smart person, knows how to make people hate us.

I don't think he's done a thing wrong since he's been with Manly, and he's should be mentioned even with the likes of Max and the Penns even though he hasn't given the cash, but he's rebuilt this club into a massive force. 

I think i read briefly that Manly will no doubt have one of the biggest sponsorships no matter who?  That wouldn't happen without Grant. 

And finally, i hate putting him with the likes of every other CEO - Doust, Waldo, The snail that runs Parra (they could be awesome and a massive rival to Manly but he's killing them) etc etc
Every other fan would hate Mayer too, but only because of his success.

Agreed I rate him.

Having dealt personally with other CEO's of Manly, Mayer actually seems to be the first in a while who is truly a Sea Eagle. He understands the culture and the fans and he makes good marketing use of it.

Very much like Arko in certain ways

I don't know that I could call him "truly a Sea Eagle" given his background. I agree that he is a smart operator and savvy about how he manipulates to achieve his aims but I have to admit that many of his openly antagonistic quotes and approaches don't always sit comfortably with me. While they can be good for a laugh they don't show class.

Over all though I think he is doing a great job and consistently taking the club forward which is the crucial measure of his success.

Personally i think he is a very smart CEO, he knows how to advertise the Manly brand in the media better than any other CEO. eg you will find that last year he started the whole "chicken wing", in this case he was downplaying the storm and comparing it to the ethical manly.

There's no doubt Mayer is doing a great job for the club and I believe he's passionate about what he does for the Sea Eagles. I don't know what his back ground was, he does have our Clubs best interests at heart you can't ask for more than that so far he's going good.

He certainly knows how to get his name in the papers, obviously a devotee of the "any publicity is good publicity" doctrine.

eagle_predator link said:
There's no doubt Mayer is doing a great job for the club and I believe he's passionate about what he does for the Sea Eagles. I don't know what his back ground was, he does have our Clubs best interests at heart you can't ask for more than that so far he's going good.
  He came across from the Bullwogs I believe.  Was probably the runt of the litter over there - and runts always turn out best.  The champion puppies from the Bulldogs are the type that have consigned them to wooden spoon status.

Yep, Bulldogs originally and then over to ESL (La Catalans I think) and then came to Manly.

One of his biggest strengths is communication with the fan base. Either by the news or forum sections of the official site he generally keeps people updated on the hot topics. I have also sent him emails on a couple of occassions and he always responds (and pretty quickly).
The nuts and bolts stuff is most important but engaging with the fans has huge longer term benefits (increasing m/ship / season ticket sales, merchandise, locking in the next generation). Judging by people's feelings on this thread he is doing a good job.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=eagle_predator link=topic=178510.msg198019#msg198019 date=1222162089]
  He came across from the Bullwogs I believe.  Was probably the runt of the litter over there - and runts always turn out best.  The champion puppies from the Bulldogs are the type that have consigned them to wooden spoon status.
[/quote]

Mutts with the spoon awesome lol

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4