Grant Goldman back

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I always thought that Goldman was very ordinary. I well remember him announcing that we were eight bound, while the team we played were headed for the spoon. They went on to thrash us by something of a record. I thought at the time he was playing for them. Stupid comment only fired them up. The last guy was a complete idiot. I actually think he was a bronco supporter. Should never have been there. I think if the team can't get the emotions going, then why have some announcer trying to gee everyone up.

I like Goldman and am glad that he will be back. Now we just need to get a sound system that can be heard on the hill. With the last guy, it didn't matter but you can't hear much at all currently.

Great stuff!

We've had 2 announcers since Grant was last here. The first one was the biggest load of crap i have ever heard. An annoying loudmouth who couldn't even get the players right! It was the first time EVER (since 1980) i have seriously considered not going because of the headaches he gave me in the jane try stand. He was Zorba's mate from 2ky and i bet Zorba wished he'd never given him the chance.

The 2nd guy was good. Nothing flash, just did his job.

Good to have Grant back. It will feel like the old brookie again.:D

Very smart move by the club

Would love it if beaver became the waterboy.....

As with everything who knows why he was punted in the first place - we are all in the dark as much as anyone else

Anyone complaining about our ground announcers obviously wasn't at Penrith this year (can't remember the round, but remember the score 12-8).
Either way, it is good news that Grant is back.

Did the bulldogs sign our current ground anouncer. It will be the sports headline tomorrow in the DT "Grounder announcer follows Hasler to the dogs on a 5 year contract worth 150k"

tookey said:
Chip and Chase said:
So who did he have a problem with ?? Des ? Crusher ? Zorba ? They go ........he returns.

Maybe this means that Des has convinced last years ground announcer to join him at the dogs?

Now if only we can receive confirmation that the catering staff have also gone to the dogs then everything is good

Sorry, for a minute there i was cheering..........thought you said they were going to start serving dogs as part of the menu

I thought to myself, great some decent food for a change

swoop said:
Did the bulldogs sign our current ground anouncer. It will be the sports headline tomorrow in the DT "Grounder announcer follows Hasler to the dogs on a 5 year contract worth 150k"

Toby Martin (the 2nd ground announcer last year) is an ex pro surfer and Sea Eagles diehard. Now that he's not in the box next year, the most likely place you'll find him is on the hill the the rest of us.

kimox said:
swoop said:

Toby Martin (the 2nd ground announcer last year) is an ex pro surfer and Sea Eagles diehard. Now that he's not in the box next year, the most likely place you'll find him is on the hill the the rest of us.
Poor Toby it's always disaponting when your not in the box

Cambo said:
kimox said:
swoop said:

Poor Toby it's always disaponting when your not in the box

So was the 1st GA last year the panel puncher fool on Big Sports Breaky show? Man he was boring to the max.

Well done to Management for listening to the Fans.
Can't wait to hear his callouts.Happy he is over his battle with cancer:angel:

Great news!!!!:D

fantastic, awesome, sensational, fabulous, NEWS!!!! Back to Back here we come. Nothing gets Brookie pumped like a GOLDMAN!!!!!

Did i miss something? Isn't this the guy everyone complained about for being annoying a couple of years ago? Or was that someone else?

Stevo said:
Did i miss something? Isn't this the guy everyone complained about for being annoying a couple of years ago? Or was that someone else?

This BEAVER!!!! Man - was the ground announcer for a few decades just about. He made Brookie fun :) Then fell out over something that is of no import to the Fans and was flicked.

The old codger, giberrer of a the last few years is not Grant.

The twitter rumour may unfortunately be just that, as the MWSE are refuting the appointment. But if they had any sense, they would reinstate Goldie (note to Larissa to convey our feelings ;).

Glad he is back, and glad to see he is have overcome his battle with cancer. I have been following his updates on Facebook and he has been upbeat and positive through the whole thing

HappilyManly said:
Stevo said:

This BEAVER!!!! Man - was the ground announcer for a few decades just about. He made Brookie fun :) Then fell out over something that is of no import to the Fans and was flicked.

The old codger, giberrer of a the last few years is not Grant.

The twitter rumour may unfortunately be just that, as the MWSE are refuting the appointment. But if they had any sense, they would reinstate Goldie (note to Larissa to convey our feelings ;).

He says he is back on his face book page. Someone asked him if he is back at Brookie and he answered 'Yes'.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6