Grand Final viewing in Tokyo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

rmd

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
Hi all

Unfortunately I have had to travel to Japan and so have given my son 2 fabulous tickets on the half way line for he and his mate. It's the first Manly Grand Final I will not have been at since 1973.

I hope someone who trawls this site may know where in Tokyo (a sports bar or the like) where it may viewed or if there is a live stream.

All help appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks BE, I have just emailed him

Thanks BE, I have just emailed him

rmd said:
Hi all

I hope someone who trawls this site may know where in Tokyo (a sports bar or the like) where it may viewed or if there is a live stream.

All help appreciated.

Thanks

I used a terrific international site the other day for the Broncos match, email me and i'll send you the URL privately.

I know you can definitely sign up with telstra to watch it online, but only when you are outside of Australia (so you fit in there).. I think they charge one fee per year though so not sure how much you'd like to pay for it, it's not per game. Just a thought if you get desperate... it would be better watching it in a bar with other people though.

Thanks EaglefromMay67 I got your email but you've blocked replies so I'll thank you here.

Thanks Anzac, I'll check it out Telstra and see what they have to say.

Actually found a place, Legends Bar and Grill in Roppongi so I think I'll wander along there. They're showing it live.

setanta sport beams it all through Asia now so should not be a problem. I usually google aussiebar and the place you are staying and I've never missed. The telstra sight is Livenrl.com but you have to have a URL registered outside of Australia, not too hard to do

Thanks for all the help.

Having done some more research, there's quite a few bars with it on in Tokyo and there's an Aussie group called Australians in Japan/Tokyo who seem to get together each year for it.

Maybe Tokyo Eagle will know which bar the Manly fans go to if he trawls the site tonight.

Yes, CE and not too happy about having to travel either and all because some people in Japan just have absolutely no idea of the importance of Manly being in the grand final as compared to a business meeting.

Well, at least my son gets full use of the tickets and he's very happy as he thought he had to work, so I didn't get him a ticket originally.

rmd said:
Thanks for all the help.

Having done some more research, there's quite a few bars with it on in Tokyo and there's an Aussie group called Australians in Japan/Tokyo who seem to get together each year for it.

Maybe Tokyo Eagle will know which bar the Manly fans go to if he trawls the site tonight.

Yes, CE and not too happy about having to travel either and all because some people in Japan just have absolutely no idea of the importance of Manly being in the grand final as compared to a business meeting.

Well, at least my son gets full use of the tickets and he's very happy as he thought he had to work, so I didn't get him a ticket originally.

Make sure you are head to toe in maroon and white.

Hi rmd,
Worked late last night so didn't get a chance to leave a message, sorry about that.

I have put the addresses of a couple of places that will have the game on Sunday. I would recommend the Hobgoblin, it is a little more expensive but they also have a sports bar attached with an outdoor terrrace and plenty of TVs.

Both places are located in Roppongi, which is easy to get to by train, they also have maps on the websites. Roppongi is a place where all the westerners go out drinking in Tokyo, you should have no trouble getting directions in english if needed.

http://www.paddyfoleystokyo.com/
http://www.hobgoblin.jp/Roppongi/tabid/119/language/en-GB/Default.aspx

be careful with your times this weekend, remember that daylight savings starts in NSW this sunday so make sure to adjust accordingly.

I will send you a PM with some more info

Hope this helps.

There is also the Tokyo Sports Cafe which is also located in Roppongi. They might also have the game, not 100% as their schedue is not up. Might want to give them a call if you want to go there.

http://www.tokyo-sportscafe.com/en-index.html

Thanks Tokyo Eagle, I'll defintely drop into the pub you suggested.:)http://forums.silvertails.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Hi again Rmd.

Legends Sports Bar and Grill is the sports bar connected to the Hobgoblin , it will be a great place to watch it. Might even be a few Manly fans down there. Am sure there will be a few Warriors fans, plenty of Kiwis in Japan.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7