Grand Final Theory

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
2008 lost first two games, won GF 40 nil. 2009 lost first 3, win GF by 50 nil. That might sound like pure dreaming, but we can't right this team off yet.
We've got the troops, just need them all on the field, and soon we'll have them.
Actions: Got to stop trying to score off every move, resulting in handling errors. Still too many penalties. Stop whinging about the two refs (even though they suck) and adapt to it.
Start bloody winning.
Fans: Don't be fair weather supporters. Stick with your team through the lows and the highs will come. Locals get out to matches and make noise.

I will stick with my team through thick & thin but I am also willing to call a spade a spade if needed when performances are as insipid as last night

ManlyBacker link said:
Fair weather? It pissed down on us last night and we were soaked! :p
Glad you were there. I would have been too except for a few thousand k's of geographical separation. What I actually meant by "fair weather supporters" is those supporters who drop off when their team starts losing. I'm sure anybody that stuck with Manly through the whole Northern Eagles debacle and the rebuilding of the team is not a fair weather supporter and will stick with the Eagles and we will come good in 09 when it counts.

I didn't think they played that bad at the start of last season when they ost the first two. This year's a different story thou.

[quote author=The Wheel link=topic=179908.msg216328#msg216328 date=1238452498]
I will stick with my team through thick & thin but I am also willing to call a spade a spade if needed when performances are as insipid as last night
[/quote  I agree. Losing games that we should have won certainly sucks. The team needs to put in some hard yards.

Ryno link said:
I didn't think they played that bad at the start of last season when they ost the first two. This year's a different story thou.
Definitely a whole different set of circumstances this year. It's a complete disaster so far. I still think they can kick on though. Surely it can only get better.

A win that (I think) won't come this week.

There's many (many) factors influencing the teams on field performances...to be honest (and this is not through rose coloured glasses) there have been times that they have looked good. The defence (as an example) last night when they returned six sets were amazing!!

It's not all bad. it's just not 100% good right at present!!

Definitely not 100% as Mark said. Probably sitting at around 60-70%. The roster of players coming back over the next few weeks is encouraging. Jamie Lyon injury sucks big time though.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
A win that (I think) won't come this week.

There's many (many) factors influencing the teams on field performances...to be honest (and this is not through rose coloured glasses) there have been times that they have looked good. The defence (as an example) last night when they returned six sets were amazing!!

It's not all bad. it's just not 100% good right at present!!

Mark, you summed it up right and judging on last night’s performance we may not win next Sunday just depends who's in or out.

6 day turnaround is a long time so I still think we can cause an upset next week if the mind set is right. I'm not certain of the cause of the issue however I still believe recent drama's off the field and boardroom aren't helping.

I have been supporting Manly for the past 42 years (and have seen some horror performances and boardroom spills in that time) and like most supporters I'm not going to start losing any faith in the side just yet (then again ever). Sure losses are going to hurt and I am going to feel bad about it but it will come good eventually.

Well said One Eyed. As long as they can fund a competitive team I don't care what happens in the board rooms, I just wish they'd keep it all out of the press.
I'm sure you're right about it all coming good eventually. Good roster. Good coach. After the horror start to the season, the first win is going to seem as good as a grand final victory (at least for a brief moment or two).

All these theories and well meaning, well intentioned nice supportive thoughts are all well and good.

But.

There is a saying thats synonymous with this Silvertails website.

"mediocrity will not be tolerated"

So the team best extract the digit, get their sh*t together and go win the next few.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2