1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grand Final Replay - Thurs 11/12 @ 8pm Fox Sports 2.

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Rex, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,338 / 60
    For us tragics who can't get enough, there is a Manly v Storm Grand Final replay at 8pm to 10pm this Thursday on FoxSports 2 (502).

2. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Excellent REX, can never get enough of this famous, Part 1 victory series.  Part 11, Premiers 09. 

3. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    I would be amazed if most supporters haven't rushed out and bought the DVD yet.

4. Zep

Zep Active Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    +1

5. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    The grand final get a replay every week or two in my house

6. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    I still get goosebumps when Beaver scores his try.

7. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,766 / 72
    My DVD is almost worn out it has been replayed that many times, for me watching the head on (from the rear) replay of kite's try - just watching the players & crowd go up as one..........

Ahh the memories

8. eggson

eggson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +239 / 2
    I'd watch it just so i'd hear the Fox commentary.  I've not heard it (and since i don't have Fox i won't be any time soon) but just for something different...  It seems some people like it and some people don't.

I really wish the DVD had no commentary, just the crowd.

9. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    I need to get the DVD, unfortunately Christmas and a Fiance who goes nucking futz with presents for everyone despite us being on a budget, means I don't get it until next year :(

For now, I just watch it on fox from when I recorded it. I want the Ch9 commentary though

10. Zep

Zep Active Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Ch 9 Commentary is better... i Remember watching the Fox replay so many times i could actually remember when someone would say a particular line.

Love it at half time. "Melbourne is not out of this game at all. They have some real stars in their team and they will be looking on them to fire in the second half". I cry each time i hear that. (BTW that is paraphrasing).

11. The Wheel

Ratings:
    +1,766 / 72
    The 2GB commentary is best for the crowd effects.  I love when ray says with about 8 mins to go "it is alike being at a premier league game" & the big man says in the first half " we have being playing footy here for 10 years and this is best atmosphere of all" (or words to that effect)

12. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    Hard to believe that Ch 9 would have the better commentary but they did by a mile. They seemed to capture the excitement as the game unfolded. Brandy was dreadful on Fox and they both asserted that Storm weren't finished when it was obvious that they were. I have both versions but Ch 9 is streets ahead.

13. eggson

eggson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +239 / 2
    The 2GB commentary is best for the crowd effects.  I love when ray says with about 8 mins to go "it is alike being at a premier league game" & the big man says in the first half " we have being playing footy here for 10 years and this is best atmosphere of all" (or words to that effect)
    [/quote]

Too true.  It'd be good if Ch9 had more crowd in their broadcasts.  I remember thinking 'sounds empty' during some games over the years.

The loudest crowd in a commentary would have to be the Roy and HG one.  I love it.  Didn't get a chance to listen to the ABC version though, only the highlights.

14. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    I forget. Who won ;)

15. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    MB, feel like burning me a copy of CH9? I can slip in on the 21st to grab it.

16. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    The channel 9 commentary does contain one pearler from Gould, just before Beavers try he was saying how good would it be for beaver to score, 30 seconds or so later gus repainted the ceiling

17. The Wheel

Ratings:
    +1,766 / 72
    Also when he says after Bell's try - "too good, way way way too good"

18. Zep

Zep Active Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    the bell try was probalby the best,

Watmough standing and offloading,
    Hall charging through the middle and using his hips to push off a hapless inglis,
    Crocker trying to run back,
    Stewarts flick pass
    The celebration.

Each separately would ahve been good. together awesome

19. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    It was truly a friggin magic day.  I'll relive it always.  So proud to be an Eagle supporter.

20. clontaago

clontaago Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +149 / 1
    Just by reading this thread I am glad I have pants on.