Grand Final entertainment ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
So looks like we have another lame Grand Final entertainment coming up with Jessica Maubouy lined up as the star act (remember her she ran 2nd in Idol a couple of years ago to that irish dude, btw where is he now? )
What was the last really god GF show that you remember ?
The only thing I recall from last year is the black hawk
If you could organise a Gf show what would you do

Jess is the hottest girl around. She can entertain me anyday she wants. She is not a bad singer either.
I remember the 08 entertainment. Every I hear white noise I think of that day.
I would love to see Janet Jackson do her stuff like she did at the Superbowl a few years back.

You know what...who really cares...they are miming anyway.

I'd rather, under 20's, reserve grade and first grade

Fly in the Cup in a Helicopter or whatever...but that's it.

Why do we have to be like GAYFL

I just have visions of Gallop and Finch being ceremoniously carried to the kick-off mound, placed in position and trumpets blaring as 100 lycra clad torchbearers charge forward to ignite the twigs below.....

ManlyBacker link said:
I just have visions of Gallop and Finch being ceremoniously carried to the kick-off mound, placed in position and trumpets blaring as 100 lycra clad torchbearers charge forward to ignite the twigs below.....

Now THAT would be entertainment

Mark from Brisbane link said:
You know what...who really cares...they are miming anyway.

I'd rather, under 20's, reserve grade and first grade

Fly in the Cup in a Helicopter or whatever...but that's it.

Why do we have to be like GAYFL

I agree Mark!!
Who cares about pre and halftime entertainment?
Most fans are at the can or getting stocked up on drinks they don't even see any of the entertainment.
As for what entertainment i'd choose! I'd have to say 1000 stripper poles on the field and bring in a massive chopper full of Gold Coast strippers..:)

I'm timing my arrival at the GF till the entertainment is finished. I reckon it's all crap, and the sound system at the stadium (and most grounds - Brookie the worst) is poor.
The only thing I would have done is have the League's fastest man sprint race.
Now that would have got me there a few minutes earlier to see. The race was held at a bad time when too many teams were still in the finals, ruling out some speedsters. But it generates interest. You could also have a 400-metre race...

For a country that held the best ever Olympics and a wonderful opening ceremony, we have nothing when it comes to pre-game or half time entertainment. As well as the bridge at the 87 GF, the highlight was the cast of 42nd Street waiting to dance till they realised that someone left the music tape at home.

The best thing yesterday was the Matthews Cup Relay - the Dragon Fans thought they had won after 4 runners but there were six and Illawarra were run down by the Sharks. (At last they have something to put in their trophy cup along with the 1971 Endeavour Cup!!!

And I agree...absolute crap....WOFTAM

Waste of ****ing time and money (if you don't know what WOFTAM stands for)

I played in a rock and roll band in the late 70's, early 80's and we called ourselves WOFTAM

The oldies(at the time) were most embarrassed when they asked us what it stood for.

Why couldnt they do something original like a parade of all the Clive Chruchill medal winners. Or even just have all the clubs cheergirls do one big dance routine. That crap yesterday was painful to watch.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
And I agree...absolute crap....WOFTAM

Waste of f**king time and money (if you don't know what WOFTAM stands for)

I played in a rock and roll band in the late 70's, early 80's and we called ourselves WOFTAM

The oldies(at the time) were most embarrassed when they asked us what it stood for.
You could have always named yourselves IDSFA and then said "it doesn't stand for anything" when they asked the inevitable "what does that stand for"?

The joke of all this is that News promoted SuperLeague on the basis of 'Total Entertainment' in which pre-game events, the half time experience and the hype during game was to be 'top rate' and to enhance the game. Total bollocks.

That lame dance crew at the start was awful but Dan Sultan fronting You Am I doing a Stones cover is by far the coolest thing that has ever been on at a footy game. The second coolest would have to be Phil Jamieson fronting You Am I doing a Stones cover.

It sounds like someone who understands that the music industry in this country has nothing to do with Idol or video hits has finally been given a say, at least for a part of it.

Get a grip Duff - I can't agree. :) The dinosaurs who run the show should know by now that the majority are not interested in hearing songs from more than 40 years ago. I grew up with that stuff and I can't stand listening to it one more time. Anything in the last decade will do. I don't have anything against You Am I but the Stones? Mauboy, despite being an idol product, was ok. If I see another 50 yo rocker hardly able to move again I will throw up. Get them off the stage and bring on anyone with energy.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2