Grand Final day Chat thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The atmosphere at the ground was great as there was a huge tide of Dragon supporters. They were pretty smug and I copped a fair bit for 'daring' to wear my Manly gear. Game was a bit of let-down and the quality of the attack was average, though the rain didn't help.

The Dragsters defence is very good though and that is what got them over the line.

Dan link said:
[quote author=SA fan link=topic=185669.msg300818#msg300818 date=1286150773]
I thought it was bad enough getting into the leagues club after Manly's GF win in 08! Was a lot of pushing and shoving but nothing like the Dragon supporters. Not a good way to finish the NRL season with the death of a supporter.

this may well get me some thumbs down, but at least it was a dragons supporter
[/quote]dan im not going to smite you, but that was a pretty weak post.... he is a rugby league fan

Dan link said:
[quote author=SA fan link=topic=185669.msg300818#msg300818 date=1286150773]
I thought it was bad enough getting into the leagues club after Manly's GF win in 08! Was a lot of pushing and shoving but nothing like the Dragon supporters. Not a good way to finish the NRL season with the death of a supporter.

this may well get me some thumbs down, but at least it was a dragons supporter
[/quote]

Mate.......no one should ever die supporting their sports team, irrespective of who they follow.

And yes, when I saw the news this morning outside the taj mahal, it brought back memories of the thousands of people pushing and shoving at manly leagues, trying to break the doors to the club down after the 08 GF. They were not pretty scenes but at the same time the night was poorly handled by leagues club mgt. St George leagues, on the other hand, were actually praised by the police for their preparedness.

Those events should always be pre-planned with extra security and block of an area around the club also.

Problem is they are never in good areas. The jokers that get in fights over it though, well nothing short of idiots really

Canteen Worker link said:
The atmosphere at the ground was great as there was a huge tide of Dragon supporters. They were pretty smug and I copped a fair bit for 'daring' to wear my Manly gear. Game was a bit of let-down and the quality of the attack was average, though the rain didn't help.

The Dragsters defence is very good though and that is what got them over the line.

I agree mate, the amount of Saints fnas there made it a great atmosphere for the 2nd half

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4