Grand Final day Chat thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I posted the following on a family friend's facebook page who's a Dragons supporter who thinks that the current Dragons are the same entity as the old St. George Dragons:

Congratulations St. George - ILLAWARRA Dragons on their FIRST EVER Premiership win.

Rest In Peace
St. George Dragons
Born: 1921
DIED: 1998

--------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm still waiting for a response.

The ref standard was abysmal, both ways.

Pretty "B" grade Grand Final all around.

That was by far the most boring GF i've ever seen.No intensity and Chokers boring style added up to a crap game.

Hooray that is over can't wait till 2011 and seeing Snake and Wolf back.
We have been in a holding pattern waiting for Snake to be proven innocent. Now onward and upward.

Oh well they are back to the Dragqueens now, no longer "St Choke"....damn I really used to love saying that!

Nthn NSW link said:
That was by far the most boring GF i've ever seen.No intensity and Chokers boring style added up to a crap game.
Good, so it wasn't just me. Not a high quality match, and the officiating was abysmal.

SGI only got on top because of reffing bungles. In fact for most of the match it seems major blunders featured in the lead-up to each scoring play.

Can't really quibble with the final result in that they have been the most consistent side, but really, I'm hard pressed to find anything inspirational about that match. They must have been struggling to come up with a worthy Clive Churchill medallist.

I'm not sounding biased or anything, but that GF is nowhere near as good or as skillful as the 08 one. Like both teams made a lot of errors, like the Chokers were in serious trouble in the 1st half and were totally dominated by the chooks. On the other hand in 08, Manly's ball security was excellent and our defence was flawless, we showed plenty of skill and class that day and no matter what the Storm did, we outclassed them and everyone that day.

Nthn NSW link said:

They are as predictable as the tides. If it wasnt for the Roosters keeping my spirits up for the good part of the game, I would have been fast asleep.

The Dragons bore me to tears! What a boring outcome to a terrible season.

As someone else mentioned though, we did have a couple of highlights. Top of the list being Brett's innocence proven! Better than any grand final win for sure  ;D

What was really annoying was that they did the whole lap of honor ( on channel 9 ) and didn't cut straight  to 60 minutes  as they did with us in 08

Anyway- we were the only team this year to put it to the premiers ( cant wait to play them at brookie next year ) 

I don't know about annoying dovahan. If you had waited 31 years then getting to see a lap of honour was something they should have got, as should have Manly in 08. What it highlights is that the TV scheduling of the GF is wrong and it should start at 4.45 EDST.

Congrats Dragons!
So sweet to see Anasta fail and lose - suck it.
I had a feeling the Dragons backs would put on some good moves and break through a few times - a good dominant display across the park for much of the game, well deserved.

jjai link said:
[quote author=BErKeLEy_eAgLe link=topic=185669.msg300747#msg300747 date=1286093289]
at least Brian Smith is still a loser
now we have to put up with the mercury crap for about 3weeks ..
[/quote]

we have already had 3 weeks of it

I thought it was bad enough getting into the leagues club after Manly's GF win in 08! Was a lot of pushing and shoving but nothing like the Dragon supporters. Not a good way to finish the NRL season with the death of a supporter.

SA fan link said:
I thought it was bad enough getting into the leagues club after Manly's GF win in 08! Was a lot of pushing and shoving but nothing like the Dragon supporters. Not a good way to finish the NRL season with the death of a supporter.

this may well get me some thumbs down, but at least it was a dragons supporter

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6