1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grand Final Contenders

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Canteen Worker, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    In the McIntyre system you only have to make the 8 and then have 3 good weeks to make the big one!!

Brisbane are specials if they can keep it together - though they are going to need to hide Lockyer as Origin has once again highlighted his defensive deficiencies.

Some claim Parra are up there but I don't think they will be there this year. They are enjoying a charmed run but are a year or two short of the big time in my view.

The Cowboys hit form at the right time last year and are a good show of making the big one as they look stronger.

St G can do it should they decide to play for three weeks.

Roosters are struggling, the Dogs could do it if they make the semis and have momentum with their big guns back.

Forget the rest. (We are no hope!)

2. PJ

PJ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0
    I agree CW but I would also chuck the Storm into the mix- on their day and with their full compliment they are hard to beat!

3. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    The cowboys looked real grand final contenders on the weekend.

4. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    I haven't added Melbourne because though they have flashy backs (and a great half) their forwards are pretty lightweight and will be monstered by the big packs in the semis!

5. eagles4eva

eagles4eva Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I RECKON IF WE MAKE THE FINALS WE WILL WIN THE FIRST GAME CAUSE OUR DEFENSE FROM EARLIER IN THE YEAR WILL COME BACK AND BE ELIMINATED THE SECOND GAME

6. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    you seem rather passionate and sure about that too!

7. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    still has the capslock prob as well ;)

Most teams have fallen in recent times - theres nothing stopping that happening finals time.

8. ads

ads Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 1
    It isnt a mistake. He just yells a lot. Probably give you a headache if you ever had a long conversation with him.