Graham Lowe

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
The time he was with us as CEO, there was barely a peep of drama coming out of the club

Since he has left mid year, what an absolute debacle we have been off the park

I can understand the people that were concerned about his business credentials etc, but hell, all we heard was how much better the club would do if he moved on, well that is so far from being the truth at the moment it isn't funny

But hang on David Perry made the club a lot of money by setting up the Brookie live site he is doing a great job.

Have you two considered that a more proactive CEO than Lowe might have had Hasler's future resolved long before this? Or any number of off-contract players for that matter. I wouldn't be surprised if Lowe's ongoing health problems made it difficult to devote the appropriate level of attention to his role with the Club.

May be due to a lot of other things than David Perry Kiwi. But I agree with what you are reflecting on - nothing like a guy who holds all the disparate parts of a club together

But under Graham's leadership we were going down the plughole fast financially - this has been one of the key areas of Perry coming aboard (witness the recent membership and merchandising initiatives), plus he got extra lucky in the last month with Manly winning the premiership.

Phantar said:
Have you two considered that a more proactive CEO than Lowe might have had Hasler's future resolved long before this? Or any number of off-contract players for that matter. I wouldn't be surprised if Lowe's ongoing health problems made it difficult to devote the appropriate level of attention to his role with the Club.

Good point, anyway lets hope they sort it all out soon and at least we won the comp, imagine if we lost Des, Hoppa and who knows else without having the trophy!

too many power brokers and too many different boards

The Doggies are insisting Des has KPIs in his contract - Kennel Prosperity Income. Maybe we should have tried something similar.

Irrespective of who did what to who and who's fault it is ect, the boards need to be cleared out and replaced by people that have a common goal to ensure the Sea Eagles future, as their no.1 concern, not their own survival or self interest as a first priority.

Employing G Lowe set the club back financially. The club saved on his salary but it's cost a hell of a lot more than that in lost revenue and no major sponsor.

Please, please, please let's not have CEO bashing the whole of the off season. We need some footy happening to get threads going in a positive direction.

The guy was dealing with a huge illness, cancer!! and he finished up as soon as he couldn't do the job to the best of his ability. He has always had the club at heart. He definitely simmered the board relationships which is better than what we had.

Kaspersky needed exposure in our country fast. They signed up with the Demons too!! It was terrible we couldn't gain a major sponsor when you consider our success! That was Lowe's downfall for many and a fair statement for the business!

The night we played the Sharks, I was lined up behind him and he looked literally like death! He was so pale and gaunt and he walked like an old man, not a chief executive of a multi million dollar business. To be there that night was in my opinion, incredible, because you could see how sick he looked/was. Penn and co knew he was unwell but probably didn't want to kick him while he was down and did what most would at work, helped him thru. Lowey resigned on his own accord. They gave him the respect he deserved.
Perry has come with top credentials and let's see in the next 2 years what he can do financially.

Des might be able to help us with some exotic betting tips when he gets over there.

Just to clarify, the original post wasn't designed as a crack at Perry

Just stating that the organisation, outwardly, seemed to be a lot more together than what's happening now

Kiwi, there's a lot of Henny Penny's on this site today. If Des has signed to go elsewhere for a sum of money that our great club don't want to pay him, then he can go with my blessing. The club must look at its finances first before selling our soul to the highest bidder. I want a club to support for the nest x years, not one that goes down the plughole because another club wants to throw squillions to a coach and we do the same.

And why did we wind up with Lowe? Because Delmege couldn't get on with Mayer. Mayer was siding with Penn/Peters, Peters was probably leaking stories to his mates in the media. This helped to derail our 2009 season launch and the rest is now history.

As for Delmege, it was always going to end badly with him. Same with Mayer. Two 'I put the air in the Sea Eagles footballs' personality types under the one roof. Zorba is another. His 'stature' as a footballer has grown inversely the further he has moved into footballing retirement.

There are so many possibilities as to why this has all happened. And yet as far as we know officially Hasler may still be with the Club beyond next year.

No point though in keeping people like Peters and co if they burn down the Club to 'save' the Club. And if Des indeed does go and Zorba's fate is one of the reasons for his leaving, well that can't be helped. We may need a big clean out. It's happened before (1974, 1983/84, 1989, 2003 etc). It will happen again. Whilst ever you have not particularly intelligent footballing types rubbing shoulders with smarter business types, this is one of the potential outcomes.

We'll see anyway.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4