Gracious in Defeat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Shaka1eye

Reserve Grader
Although obviously disappointed in their performance I thought Manly were very gracious in defeat. Watching the players shake hands after the match I got the sense that the boys acknowledged they were not the best side of the night and were genuine in wishing the storm players the best.
Often players can have a sook after losing a big match (ala Cowboys) but I thought the boys were a credit to their club dealing with their post game disappointment.

Shaka1eye said:
Although obviously disappointed in their performance I thought Manly were very gracious in defeat. Watching the players shake hands after the match I got the sense that the boys acknowledged they were not the best side of the night and were genuine in wishing the storm players the best.
Often players can have a sook after losing a big match (ala Cowboys) but I thought the boys were a credit to their club dealing with their post game disappointment.

Far too friendly if you ask me. Our team seem unenthusiastic all game until it came time to shake hands and then they suddenly came to life. Go back to some fierce rivallry and healthy dislike for the opposition and we might get a better effort from them.

Sometimes as a team you get these "inexplicable" performances whether it's park footy or NRL.
Last night was one of those nights, the harder some tried, the worse it got.
They would've known a long way from home that it wasn't their night and the realisation that the season was over.
At least they didn't get that feeling in Rd 15 or whatever.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4