1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gould opinion on Kite

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Kiwi Eagle, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

2. ants

ants Active Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 1
    don't often agree with Gus, but on this one he has no argument from me.

3. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    He seems to be making a lot of sense latley.

In comparison to that Hunter Valley Commentary mob anyway.

4. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    I think they are making Gus look very good. Gus has always made a lot of sense but needs to drop his biases to get all-round credability.

5. Nutzcraw

Nutzcraw Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Gus is a tosser.. but he knows his stuff.

I often agree with him... he just comes off as a bit of a dickhead at times but I don't doubt for a second his football knowledge.

6. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Gus sounds familiar for some reason. Maybe he's just a misunderstood ENTJ?

7. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Gus just loves his footy, since the Roosters have lost there way he's been a much fairer judge.

8. Nutzcraw

Nutzcraw Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Byso,

That is a very good point mate. My old man has always had a great hatred for gus gould... always saying that "he talk out of his arse" etc.

The other day we were watching the Penrith V Souths game (he goes for Penrith) and he actually said "Gus, is a good commentator these days isn't he??"

It took me back.

9. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Gus is a fat no-nothing and you shouldn't get sucked in on his one-off comments. We beat the Gold Coast easily with Bailey in it. They're the retirement home imo. Buderus is a dirty mongrel who lookes good in a piss poor team. Smith regularly outplays him. Nathan Hindmarsh can tackle, and that's about all. Gould is a wanker, always was, always will be.

10. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Dont stop there. You could submit your critics review on every commentator and player in the game. And then you move on to all the forum fans. ;)

11. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    I must admit his love of the game that shown in his pre match commentary is worthy of a bucket being placed in the from of the TV for all the gladiatory tripe BS to flow into.

To me allot of this build up is aimed at the kids and the few people that live life through the NRL.

Is it fair to say that without Goulds over the top mutterings of how good Joey apparently was, Joey may not be regarded as "the best EVER"?

12. Nutzcraw

Nutzcraw Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
  13. Kiwi Eagle

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Face facts DSM5, Gus has probably forgotten more about footy than you will ever know

14. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    Still does not change the fact he can be so farking annoying at times.

15. Kiwi Eagle

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Sure, but to try and suggest he is a "no nothing" on footy is about the dumbest thing you could read

16. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Kiwi, Gus Gould was in nappies when I was running around in the ARL. He was an ordinary player and an ordinary coach sourrounded by a wealth of talent, similiar to Bozo in that department. I rightly reserve my crits to anyone who annoys me and lauds those who don't. That's what opinion is. He is a fat bag of wind, similiar in style to Warren Ryan. Always commenting after the fact and playing favourites.

17. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    You mean NSWRL?

18. Kiwi Eagle

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    The "surrounded by wealth of talent" can be applied to any successful coach, because to win, you need top players

The bit i have left is what i find most puzzling. Commenting after the fact ? He wirtes proactivley and is often the 1st to say something on many facets of the game, and more often than not, it is bang on the money.

19. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    Agree with that.

While I think he is a very biased commentator he is never short of praise for every player in the game. A credit to anyone who is a public figure of the game.

20. Nutzcraw

Nutzcraw Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Well, this thread now explains why DSM5 doesn't like Matai much - DSM5 is from the old school.