Gould comments

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

silvertail

Reserve Grader
I realise lots of people don't like Gus, but occasionally, he makes good sense ....

"Nobody has been named, no club has been named" ... Penrith supremo Phil Gould.

The lack of detail in the Australian Crime Commission's report is an "extraordinary attack on Australian sport" according to senior rugby league figure Phil Gould.

Penrith general manager Gould, whose NRL club is being investigated by the league's independent auditors, was one of several sports identities to criticise the ACC on Friday for its broad-brush approach that tarnished all players.

Gould says it was unfair for the ACC to outline widespread doping in Australian professional sport and links to organised crime without providing more clarity.

"This report from the Crime Commission is full of words like maybe, could be, suspected and potential," Gould told Channel Nine.

"Nobody has been named, no club has been named and no sport has been named.

"It's a broad-brush condemnation of Australian sport everywhere.

"At the moment everyone is guilty and I'm not sure, even if they find pockets of illegality, how you repair the integrity of everyone else who is in fact innocent."

AAP

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/gould-lashes-out-at-accs--broadbrush-condemnation-20130208-2e2px.html#ixzz2KINL8hpy

Saw that this morning. The problem with yesterday's media reports was that there was absolutely no analysis or balance attempted - just hysterical parroting of the report's claims.
Gould annoys the hell out of me at times, but at other times he's capable of articulating very rational thoughts. So, three cheers for Phil Gould, unlikely voice of reason…

For a secret report that took a year to compile...you would think that they would be able to name individuals without fear , ( ie - they say they have the proof ). So what are they waiting for, legal advice ?? FMD

WESTIE said:
For a secret report that took a year to compile...you would think that they would be able to name individuals without fear , ( ie - they say they have the proof ). So what are they waiting for, legal advice ?? FMD

Using scare tactics to lure culprits into admission. It's a load of ****.

The NRL & AFL have given the ACC credibility in the allegations. So the clubs & players presumably HAVE been named to them, just not publicly. They're obviously putting pressure on people to give themselves up, to expand the coverage, before disclosing their hand.

IMO a bit of an overreaction this worry about all players being tarnished. Only the stupid tarnish the names of players and clubs indiscriminately. And why should we worry what the stupid think? It's only a generalised slur.

Now when Brett Stewart's name was indiscriminately and extensively and specifically tarnished for 2 years, THAT was a major concern. Where was Wayne Bennett et al.'s concern for people and equity then? These current concerns are for money, dressed up as concern for people.

What I'd like to know is....if they have known about match fixing,and have been investigating it for a year,why haven't they come out before now? So far,previously,all we've heard about is the Tandy case.Why haven't they come out earlier? How many millions have been invested on more matches,that may not have been if allegations of wides-spread matchfixing and drug taking had come out? This is almost as big of a breach of the public trust,as the actual match fixing itself!!!

Phillip Ronald Gould is always negative. Does he have a single positive bone is his body? He is trying to pop smoke and provide rearguard action for the rest of the NRL, which as become too much of an old boys club IMO.

Wayne Bennet is making sense; he's asking that if the NRL is rife with illegal drug taking what has ASADA been doing for the last 10 years?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4