Got asked an interesting question at work today....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I employ 9 people here, and they all say they would be happy to become members of a CQ team solely for the chance to see their Sydney team play here once a year. (perhaps)
Although the younger generation, by which i mean high school aged, all have a team they support, they are all excited at the prospect of a CQ team to use as a possible stepping stone into the nrl.
Other posters on here are right.  It must be a stand alone entity with no baggage.  At one stage Rocky made an offer to the Sharks to relocate here.  Not alot of positve feedback from the locals on that call.

I could be wrong, but wasn't it Manly that the central coast was so opposed to during the NE days?  I thought the catch cry from the locals was that they would not support the joint venture, but wanted the Bears as a stand alone club there. 

Brookie4eva link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=186357.msg314184#msg314184 date=1296781272]
Maybe Lowe should approach Mortgage house and get them on board as major sponsor with Manly seeing that CC bears won't get a team on the NRL any time soon.

Good idea.

For Mortgage House to be sponsoring a team that doesn't exist, it's more involved than just pure marketing.
[/quote]

Obviously Florimo has photos of the owner of Mortgage House and a goat. 

Lowey needs to get those photos so we can get a major sponsor. 

It's funny I'll never forget it....I came down from Moree (where I lived then) and went to the first game at BT...sat in the bleaches amongst a heap of Manly fans dressed in our colours, Right next door was a bunch of Norths supporters, dressed in their colours.....it was (very) lucky a fight didn't break out, we hated them, they hated us and we both hated what our teams had become....it was a marriage made in hell not heaven and could never have succeeded.

I bought a Northern Eagles Cap that night, wore it the once (that night) and burnt it the day we came back as Manly.

Yeah I couldn't believe how bad a job they did on the merger. To bears fans it was a manly takeover, to manly fans we lost our team to gosford, and the cc was not welcoming. Every fan lost something as a result.

MadMarcus link said:
[quote author=Ant80 link=topic=186357.msg313984#msg313984 date=1296547848]
One of the guy's I work with only just found out I go for Manly and asked me this....

What would it have taken to have the Northern Eagles (yeah yeah I know it's not Manly etc) work?

Basically told him if they got rid of the North Sydney board and it might have stood a better chance of working

Replace "board" with Bears in your last para and I think you would be closer to the mark for me personally.

But personally I thought the Wests Tigers was a joke too and that seems to have worked.

So assuming the NEs could have actually worked, my recollection is that it was the signing of Brett Kimmorley and the release of Matt Orford which led to even poorer on field performances, which led to Board unrest, which led to Mark Cannon's crazy ideas, which led to Manly wanting to go it alone, which led to Max putting money in, which led to the rebirth of the mighty Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.

If any one of those things didn't happen we might still be the Northern Eagles.  So next time you see Brett Kimmorley in the street don't forget to thank him.
[/quote]
What were Mark Cannon's crazy ideas?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7