Gorgeous on 'The Back Page'

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
lsz said:
To be fair how would you police that? It would be open to cheating

That's the type of thinking that was the rule under the David Gallop leadership. One in, all in, was the way the NRL clubs wanted it.

I'd rather risk a club cheating a marketing cap than the present option where a player's extra marketing value & work counts for nothing.

I don't think it would be hard to see if a player was really giving extra marketing value to a club anyway. Everyone at Manly knows and can see what George and Wolf bring, and who other players are who chose to train and play to their best, but do very little else to help market the club.

At the moment there is no encouragement for a NRL player to be a Rose or Wolfman at their NRL club, other than it might help their own profile.

The cap right now is all about building a TEAM for a season, not about building a CLUB that people want to become part of & join as a member, or play out their career at.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151860898063501.1073741830.335428438500&type=1

Gorgeous named Captain and Coach of The Budgie Smugglers Team :D

BUDGY SMUGGLER ANNOUNCES PRESTIGIOUS 2013 RUGBY LEAGUE TEAM
By Budgy Smuggler · Updated 10 hours ago

On the eve of the 2013 NRL final series, swimwear company Budgy Smuggler has announced the prestigious Budgy Smuggler League Team to take on the Board Short Battlers XIII later in the year.

Captain and Coach George Rose will lead the the team that is littered with International Stars from half back. Several players from other codes have switched across to League to be a part of the squad.

AFL All Australian Buddy Franklin makes an appearance on the wing, while Wallaby stars Kurtley Beale and David Pocock have also been named. Dual international, Wendell Sailor, has also returned from retirement to play in the all star team.

Of captaining the team, Rose says: "This isn't just about how you play the game. Plenty of blokes can play a bit. This is a about looking good while doing it. These 17 blokes combine the two and I'm happy to lead the team. I'll be wearing the Black Caviars, these are the fastest pair in the range and can keep up with me."

The creative duo of Rose and Beale in the halves has commentators particularly excited.

The four Burgess Brothers on the bench will certainly bring plenty of firepower. The four have been incredibly strong performers on the field since their arrival in Australia, but they have also put in some outstanding performances off the field, in the community.
----------------------------------------------------

HappilyManly said:
Gorgeous named Captain and Coach of The Budgie Smugglers Team :D
That's awesome and hilarious at the same time. Go big Georgie. I really hope this event is televised.
George in Budgies. What a pin-up boy.

I hope George keeps his residence at Brookvale (?) so that when he retires, he can return 'home' and be part of the Sea Eagles family again. We are losing a great asset, on and off the field.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6