Gorgeous on 'The Back Page'

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Killer03

Bencher
Big Gorgeous on The Back Page. I must say it is really sad when they asked him about leaving Manly, you can tell he loves the place and doesn't want to go.

We love you Gorgeous, you will be missed. Good luck in the future!

ManlyArmy said:
Hopefully he can land an advertising role with Mrs Macs.

Even if your comment is tongue in cheek, it's a bit disrespectful. George deserves better than that sort of stuff. Has given the club great service and shows that he loves the joint. Sad to see the big fella go.

the mauler said:
ManlyArmy said:

Even if your comment is tongue in cheek, it's a bit disrespectful. George deserves better than that sort of stuff. Has given the club great service and shows that he loves the joint. Sad to see the big fella go.

Meant to add that bit on. Yes great clubman, and especially great guy to have the courage to come back after a sickening leg break.

Is there a reason, besides the obligatory 'cap space' that we are letting him go? Seems to me that he's a handy big guy to make the yards when required. He'd be reasonably inexpensive. Seems a pity the club is not re-signing him and I'd like an explanation, or is that presumptuous.

DSM5 said:
Is there a reason, besides the obligatory 'cap space' that we are letting him go? Seems to me that he's a handy big guy to make the yards when required. He'd be reasonably inexpensive. Seems a pity the club is not re-signing him and I'd like an explanation, or is that presumptuous.

Maybe they need the space to keep Jake T

ManlyArmy said:

Not nice. I will be sad to see George leave, he has been a wonderful Club man and is one of the really nice guys. Wishing him all the best wherever and whatever he does next. Pleased I will be at Brookvale for his, Joe's and Brent's farewell.

Kinda stupid to let him go but I guess they made that decision a while ago. I hope the new forwards we got are just as good depth players as George, because he's one of the best going IMO. Deserves a top 17 spot at most other clubs.

Top bloke, good luck to him after Manly.

Best of luck to George. He has been great for our club. Sad to see him go.

DSM5 said:

Love George and has been great for the club. Wish he could stay but I dare say we are not signing him as we have Jake T, Sao plus another couple of prop signings. We are investing in the future. The recruitment team rarely lets us down, they know what they are doing.

I'll miss Georgie but not sure that Tooves is a big fan. Has seemed reluctant to have him in the 17 for much of the time. Only injuries to Kingy and Joe got him a regular spot back. Am I wrong?

cherry_poppins said:
Wheres he going?

I watched the Back Page & it sounded like George doesn't know the answer to that question yet. I felt sad for the big fella, he's been a loyal clubman & played some great games for us over the years. He'll be missed next year :(

CAMBO said:
ManlyArmy said:

Hey moron.
Why don't you go try and organise some more phantom marches you douche.
Have some respect to a bloke who has always given his best for our club. You disrespectful toad.

It was a joke, I wrote below how I truly grateful I am of George. Sorry if you guys took it the wrong way.

I'll delete it.

One of those players you will never forget. Glad he leaves with a premiership ring, hopefully 2.
Worked damn hard to come back from an injury that was supposed to end his career.

Always happy when he is selected to play, albeit for limited minutes, because he will always shift the momentum if needed with good hard metres. Will miss his belly flop squashing tackles. Love big George.

Is there a chance he can stay on match payments with a third party deal?

He will be 31 next year. He hasnt had the greatest season.. lots of mistakes (probably trying too hard) and gets minimal minutes even when he does come on.

I dont think Toovey rates him.

All in all he has been a good servant and i wish him all the best but i support Toovey in thinking its time for young fresh blood to come through now. Starling.. Trabojevic Sao etc will be coming through next season.

I would imagine all 3 will be fighting for the 4th bench spot alongside King (if he isnt retiring) Lawrence and Ritchie.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4