1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gorgeous George

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by EagleRock40, Apr 17, 2011.

1. EagleRock40

EagleRock40 Well-Known Member

Ourimbah, New South Wales
    Ratings:
    +211 / 4
    I know he has copped a bit of criticism on these forums this season, but i thought he really stood up last night when we needed him most. He got through a tonne of work, played more minutes than usual because of King being injured and was mistake free. The try last week has given him a massive confidence boost! Go George!

2. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    You can tell he played well coz there aren't any topics bagging him like there normally is lol

3. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,150 / 292
    I don't believe George is bag worthy most nights? Always puts in his all? I don't see that on these boards Kiwi.

4. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    He has been for the past year or so mate, a lot of people wanted him gone from the club or in reserve grade. Good to see the big fella getting back to is pre injury form

5. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,150 / 292
    He'd be a low $$$, so definitely worth the coin.

6. Supernintendo Chalmers

Supernintendo Chalmers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +401 / 6
    confidence is a wonderful thing, and i reckon the big fellah is bursting with it at the moment. still has a while to go i reckon, but if he keeps up the improving he will be very dangerous.

7. Brookie4eva

Brookie4eva Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +175 / 1
    Was having a long chat with George last at the post match function, what a great guy, even got a photo of him holding a Salty Rooster burger.

8. Nthn NSW

Nthn NSW Active Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0
    Geez Brookie4 those photos are a dime a dozen!!! lol

But he did play well last night.

9. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    did great last night, raelly stood up, keep it going Georgie!

10. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    The start of last year he was sensational but got injured and didn't hit the same form when he returned. He wasn't that productive at the start of this year but his last two weeks have been really good. Lets hope he keeps it up. Alot of teams suffer when the lose their starting props and the backups come on for a spell so having George in top fom and is a massive bonus for us as he can be as damaging as any other prop in the game when on song.

11. Pablo

Pablo Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,342 / 15
    Lets just hope for his sake this talk of dropping the interchange down to 6 to 8 changes next year doesnt gather momentum.

12. TokyoEagle

TokyoEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 4

It'll just mean Georgie Porgie has to do longer runs in the pre-season.

George was good last night, he is a big unit and has good footwork at times when hitting the line. When confident, he has the power of the front row with the nimble touch of a halfback, he could be anything.

• Like Like x 1