Gordon Estate

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I've been into Gordon Estate quite often - alone and after dark. It is what you make of it.

Driving thru it at 100 kmph doesn't count Mata :p

Definately highlight them. I want to know what's going on around me - I have a 14 year old daughter to protect as well. I need to know that we are safe or at least have the information, to be able to make decisions and choices, that I feel will not be a dangereous situation for us. I think we all have a right to know about the community we live in, so we can use that knowledge to protect ourselves.

I ask because I assume that Mata makes a point that the media fuel the problems.................But I tend to agree with your stance.

In some cases the media probably do go over board, but they are making people aware that there is a situation or problem happening. We then are able to assess what position it might be putting us in. In most cases it may not effect me, but then again who knows. I can put my guard up if I need to.

Byso - I was in a meeting with Prime Television yesterday and they were saying how disgusted they are with Today Tonight which is their affiliate on Channel 7!

We all agreed the coverage has been sensationalised and myopic and counter productive. By telling a swathe of several million people how bad things are in "Dubbo" tars the whole town with the same brush. Our motels are now half empty where normally at this time of year they're all booked out.

The REALITY is a Sydneysider could stay in Dubbo and enjoy its many fine attractions without coming within 3km of Gordon Estate or even knowing it is their. Believe me when I say it is one small pocket of the town and is very isolated.

I only have to drive past it because I live out of town to the West.

And Wheel - I often go INTO Gordon Estate for reasons of which you would know. I'd far rather walk around Gordon Estate than I would Redfern or Lakemba.

Thats true Mata. I have often been to Dubbo for either football or Touch with the kids, and also visited the zoo, and of course shopping (which I must add, Dubbo does have some very good shops!!). I have always enjoyed being there and not seen anything that would make me think - 'I ain't going back there'. Haven't been out there at night though, but the sporting facilities and tourist attractions are great.

Mata explain to me why the Mayor isn't to concerned about the issues while Councilors are demanding more action by police etc.

If there's some short term loss because of the publicity by putting pressure on the governments maybe it's better in the long term, to force them to do something.

There is one counsellor by the name of Ben Shields who is redneck scum and loves to have his mug on telly.

He was elected on a zero tolerance platform and plays up to it. He is a simplistic fool. I doubt he's even been out to Gordon Estate.

They have done plenty over the past 12 months and had a lot of success.

So after one bad night do you go around locking everyone up on suspicion?

In some cases the media probably do go over board, but they are making people aware that there is a situation or problem happening. We then are able to assess what position it might be putting us in. In most cases it may not effect me, but then again who knows. I can put my guard up if I need to.

Like them sometimes and hate them most of the time we need the media. In this day and age the goverement and police sometimes refuse to sort out problems unless the media brings sufficient pressure.

Cabramatta is a classic example of how bad things were until the media picked up on it. The media coverage of the redfern, macquarie fields and cronulla riots brought changes that otherwise would not have happened.

For example the police have now got a properly trained and equiped riot squad. They have also got lock down and other powers since cronulla that they should have always had.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6