1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good win, but did we just cost ourselves a shot at the premiership?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by mcatt, Aug 26, 2011.

1. mcatt

mcatt Active Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    There are plenty who will call for our blood after that fight, and don't think the NRL wont love slapping us with suspensions.

Injuries and suspensions could cost us again this year with the finals just around the corner....

2. Ceagle

Ceagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +238 / 3
    Who knows, just wait and see

3. Joey

Joey Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Calling for our blood is an understatement, ou should check out the foxsports.com comments section on the game report, they want manly wiped off the map.

4. PONTIAN SEA EAGLE

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +948 / 80
    I reckon there are other teams supporters who wished there side would have done the same against the storm when they played them that's for sure.

5. Ceagle

Ceagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +238 / 3
    Our season is looking ominous, Stewart has done his medial, and alot of other payers will be suspended.

6. ayjay007

ayjay007 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Between injuries,and some possible suspensions,I hope our NYC boys are up for it.

7. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,402 / 130
    Lets not get too worried.

Nothing is more certain than Manly will play Brisbane without either Stewart, Wolfman and probably Lussick next week. Jo, Kitey and Watmough could probably do with a rest too.

But its now a nothing game, and we have 9 days until we play.

8. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    What day does 2nd play the QF?

9. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,402 / 130
  10. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,838 / 103
    I couldn't be prouder of the boys. I was at the ground then just watched the replay at home. They owned Melbourne for 90% of that match. The thing you notice about the TV coverage is the muted crowd noise. I can tell you that at the ground the crowd went off.
    Sue, we have some concerns with injuries and the judiciary, but the win tonight showed just how gutsy our team is.
    So much for that form slump mooted on here after our win against the Dogs.

11. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    A great win in which we did go up a notch but even if it does cost us a premiership this year its looking great for next year!!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    How many weeks did the participants of SoO in 2009's famous fight get?
    From memory there was alot of wrist slapping
    Imo it should go

Blair 2 weeks
    Gift 1-2 weeks
    Brett 0-1 week for flying superman attack,wtf was that?
    Hincliffe 1 week for elbow
    Lussick 0-1 week

Melbourne bench 2 weeks for running onto the field of play and a $200k fine,this is the biggest nono of the game,perhaps lose a few points gifting us $100k? :D

13. MrInvisible

MrInvisible Active Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0
    SOO is different. Many things like blow ups get overlooked.

As a Bulldogs fan looking at it from an outside view there are a few things going against both sides.

Lets not forget the NRL are not shy sending a player from the game including the grand final (Cameron Smith 2008 Grapple Tackle and misses Grand Final).

Both sides will face large fines for bringing game into disrepute. Manly *may* also lose 2 comp points from the game, given that players from bench entered the field of play (ditto Melb but they didn't win).

Glen and Blair will probably cop 3-4 week suspensions, as there was no excuse for what went on.

Lussick and Hinchcliffe probably a few weeks.

Brett Stewart is a tricky one, but given he came in for the second fight clearly with the intent of a swinging arm on Blair. That won't be viewed lightly from Match Review Committee.

Sika Manu will probably cop a fine for enteringg from the bench, but he was breaking up the fight.

Full props to some of the players for not running in and getting involved though.

14. Moops

Moops Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +394 / 26
    We have been shooting ourselves in the foot since early 2009. Heck, we may have just added to our premiership tally between then and now?! As I keep saying...dumb!!!

15. eagle-rock08

eagle-rock08 Active Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0
    Geez I hope you folks are wrong.

I enjoyed the game. Melbourne was Manly's bitch last night and didn't like the way Manly said enough BS Melbourne you cannot intimidate us, we will stand up to you and will win.

So well done boys. It was a great game with a great result and as has been said - bring back the biff.

16. Jerry1

Jerry1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,470 / 80
    Whatever happens - that for me was a grand final. Epic atmosphere at brookie. The boys gave everything and were pumped for it. We let in the mandatory last min try but meh, we won in style.

It was a gladiatorial clash and we expected and got fireworks. Rome salutes you.

17. Brissie Kid

Brissie Kid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +828 / 10
    Lose 2 points? None of the Manly bench players crossed the sideline. The game wasn't actually being played either.

18. Jono

Jono Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 5
    Agreed. Time was blown off at the first fight. Time wasn't blown back on until both were off the field. No Manly player came off the bench either. I don't see George, Joe or Rodney there. All Manly players involved were on the field.

19. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Apparently Joe was there but not on the field

20. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,744 / 57
    This is totally ****ed up. We should be sitting here gloating about a fantastic win and how we on target to win the premiership and now the whole season is coming off the rails in a few minutes of madness. How the **** did this happen and why? Coupled with Wolfs tragic injury the whole day has the feeling of impending doom to our premiership chances.