Good Test

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
There are players still missing from both sides but this game could prove to be a good assessment of improvement for the Seaeagles. Game 1 against Crowes Hares ended up close but i believe the halves combination has improved a fair bit since that game & look foward to that today. Add in Snakes now 80% & his impact on teammates is as important as his individual ability. Personally been waiting for this game since they pipped us & it should be a good guide to the teams overall improvements since that annoying night.

It would not suprise me if we win ugly today. Weesir goes missing when they are not winning and Sandow is thinking about next year (and race 8 at Sha Tin tonight) But its these games that we can get into a real Dog fight. Manly by14.

manlyfan76 said:
It would not suprise me if we win ugly today. Weesir goes missing when they are not winning and Sandow is thinking about next year (and race 8 at Sha Tin tonight) But its these games that we can get into a real Dog fight. Manly by14.

Genius!! I hope you backed the 14 point win at the TAB

Lifted when needed but far from a great performance. Souths there to be well beaten today & only good play in patches done that. They had 1 ploy & that was obviously to play dirty & not good to see it work on a few occasions. Both halves have improved & for me that was huge because come finals time thats what we need.

MK Eagle said:
Lifted when needed but far from a great performance. Souths there to be well beaten today & only good play in patches done that. They had 1 ploy & that was obviously to play dirty & not good to see it work on a few occasions. Both halves have improved & for me that was huge because come finals time thats what we need.

I think we played well and the scoreline actually flattered Souths with some terrible refereeing decisions, should have been at least 36-16!!

torana355 said:
MK Eagle said:

I think we played well and the scoreline actually flattered Souths with some terrible refereeing decisions, should have been at least 36-16!!
Agree with that mate but there was some soft defence & lack of intensity at times - truth is Torana if the Seaeagles lost today it was really a matter of beating themselves.

MK Eagle said:
torana355 said:
MK Eagle said:

Agree with that mate but there was some soft defence & lack of intensity at times - truth is Torana if the Seaeagles lost today it was really a matter of beating themselves.

Yeah i do agree with some of our soft defense but Souths were desperate and they do possess some decent attack once every three weeks lol.

torana355 said:
MK Eagle said:
torana355 said:
MK Eagle said:

Yeah i do agree with some of our soft defense but Souths were desperate and they do possess some decent attack once every three weeks lol.
True Torana but i say 3- 10 weeks haha :p

Also Souths targeted Oldfield as he is a winger and was playing in the centers, if Matai was playing Souths would not have got the first try either.

lloydy said:
manlyfan76 said:

Genius!! I hope you backed the 14 point win at the TAB

I have given up betting on footy. The bad penalties and refs calls make it too hard.

I thought we were rubbish today and were lucky to get the win. We were lazy in defence with no line speed, there wasn't a single "good hit" in the game. Our attack was disjointed with poor passing and players standing too flat and when they were deep it was just passing with little running. Our fifth tackle options were absolutely abominable and the kicking game was average as was the chase.

We have been out of form since and including the Parra game and nothing changed today. If we play like we have for the past month next weekend, Newcastle will beat us.

Ralphie said:
I thought we were rubbish today and were lucky to get the win. We were lazy in defence with no line speed, there wasn't a single "good hit" in the game. Our attack was disjointed with poor passing and players standing too flat and when they were deep it was just passing with little running. Our fifth tackle options were absolutely abominable and the kicking game was average as was the chase.

We have been out of form since and including the Parra game and nothing changed today. If we play like we have for the past month next weekend, Newcastle will beat us.

Erh, well first thing that comes to mind was Gift's massive error forcing shot on that Souths forward (16 I think) in the second half, so there is one 'good hit' for you.

Pretty harsh judgement, Ralphie. The boys were well below their best but there were some flashes of great play in there as well. Give some credit to Souths as well, who played a solid game, really attacked out weaknesses.

The scoreline would've been a lot less flattering to them if the Video ref wasn't utterly inept.

Very harsh Ralphie but i do admit we will need to be better for the knights game. That being said Souths targeted Oldfield in the first half and their first try would not have happened if Matai was playing. Thankfully Matai is back for next week. Rodney will be better for the run and Hoppa is also due back soon so good times ahead.

We were probably a bit rusty after the bye. This was the sort of game that we could have lost (and have lost in recent seasons), so it's a pretty good sign that we could come back strongly after a bit of a wobble.

I expected that sort of reaction, but look at the Parra game, the St George game and then this game. Try not to make excuses, just assess how we have played compared to the six weeks before that.The truth is that we are in a form slump.

The good news is that so far it has only cost us 1 game. For mine, if we can get 2 wins in the next 3 weeks (Newcastle, Penrith & Wests) with this form I will be delighted. After that it will be close enough to the finals to switch on and reverse the form slump.

But don't kid yourself, we are badly out of form right now.

Every team has some flat periods during a long season. It would almost be more of a concern if the team stayed at peak form up to the finals because that is not when you want to be flat or lose your edge.

It has happened to other teams in recent years - Storm, Illawarra - and if you check our 2008 season you will find there were some 'foot off the gas' moments back then as well. It's all in the timing. If we'd lost today I'd be a lttle more worried but to win was very impressive imo.

Have to say i agree in part with Ralphies viewpoint. That game could very easily have gone the other way. Instead of being fresh from the bye we looked (mainly in the 1st half) a bit lost at sea especially in attack.

Des will have them more fine tuned next week.

We are missing a few big hitters. Matai and T-Rex will be back in the coming weeks. Choc and G Stewart will be fresher.

I agree that we need to lift a little. but don't want burn out yet, theres a long finals series comming up.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2