Good suggestion from Courier Mail for SOO 3

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Brookie4eva

Bencher
I just saw the below - http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...p/news-story/de355e709ad7782c3444394b48ecb8a8

MORE EMBARRASSMENT FOR NSW
THE NRL is facing a hard sell with just 14,000 tickets sold so far for Origin III at ANZ Stadium on July 13.

Embattled ANZ Stadium chiefs are doing their best with more PR spin than Shane Warne, factoring 20,000 members into the estimated ticket sales for the dead rubber.

But there is no guarantee all 20,000 members will show up. In fact, it’s highly unlikely ... and ANZ could face the embarrassing prospect of 20,000 empty seats for Origin III.

So, being the progressive thinkers at The Inside Mail, we have a wonderful proposal. To spare NSW’s blushes, the NRL should move Origin III to a fine Sydney venue such as Brookvale Oval or Pepper Stadium. Both have capacities around 22,000. That will ensure an Origin III sellout. What a masterstroke.

I think it's a great idea, this would be enough to make me buy a ticket.

If they want a sellout, move it to Suncorp.

Refund everyone their tickets for the Sydney game, and let the Queenslanders have their moment in the sun.

For me, I think I'll be watching a movie on Netflix anyway, and turning my mobile off for about 3 days, so frankly I couldn't give a **** what they do with it!!

when those bogans up north sell 80K tickets like NSW did for SOO 1 then they can start talking.

Guess that's where they got the idea - they achieve a sell out utilizing a small ground that barely holds 50K.

Considering the ground would have sold a number of corporate packages there is no way this game is getting moved

It's becoming pretty obvious that this continued QLD dominance may be good for Queenslanders but not for the game itself.
If the powers that be really influence the outcome of games via referees (which I've always doubted) then surely they would have been pushing for more favourable conditions for the Blues by now.
Without all the ridiculous media hype that comes with the buildup each year, Origin would already be dead.
Queensland chest thumping could well spell the end of this particular cash cow.

Actually I think it's the opposite. Origin can only flourish if qld keeps winning to satisfy the collective chip they all carry on their shoulders. NSW doesn't have the same pathetic desperate desire to prove itself through origin like they do. If NSW dominates, everyone starts to lose interest - has always been thus.

It's true. After we'd won 3 in a row in 2005 all of the butt hurt Queenslanders were saying Origin is dead.

Just need Thurston, Cronk and Smith to retire and NSW to move its underperforming senior players out to pasture. Once that happens NSW will start winning again.

Everything QLD whinged about pre 1980 is replicated now. The underdog has become the strongest market in league, but the rule makers live in the past. Refereeing has turned this once great concept into a ****ing farce

Just call the whole thing off give QLD the trophy forever and get on with the game or maybe to assist NSW allow them to pick sides based on where the players live like they used to

small rant
i seriously dont understand why everyone gets so upset over origin losses... in my opinion, its pushed way over the top in the hype it receives... the "crown jewel" of the nrl... give me a break, go ask gallen what he would prefer, winning origin, or winning a premiership with the sharks??? pretty sure i know the answer... ide rather watch a grandfinal between the 2 best nrl sides over origin every day of the week..

i was born in nsw but my father is a qld'er as is half my family, so i tend to not care as much, more so just watch to see who makes better selections, and nsw are simply s*^t at selecting. players, coaches, usually all useless year after year. explain to me how, in a series that everyone KNEW nsw needed to be aggressive and score plenty in order to have any shot at winning, no players from canberra were selected?? they are only one of the most dynamic attacking teams around, full of nsw players (austin,sezer,leluia,fensom are 4 off the top of the head that are better than the rubbish selected this year),peats and cartwright left out at the expense of players like farrah and greg bird, they are an absolute rabble, nsw simply need a brrok put thru the entire organisation and start from scratch... imo put dessy in as coach, cant see him being bozos puppet and agreeing to useless pr*&ks year in, year out like the current mob...
until that happens, nsw can enjoy losing, (gotten pretty good at it over the years) and i will keep preferring grand finals
rant over

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8