Good news...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
Loyal Matt Ballin wants to be a Sea Eagle for life

IRONMAN hooker Matt Ballin has declared his loyalty to the Sea Eagles and revealed he hopes to sign a new two-year deal to play out his career at Manly.

“I love the club; the club gave me my big start,” Ballin said.

“I wasn’t wanted at Brisbane. They brought me down here and put a lot of time and energy and resources into me to establish me as the football player I am today.

“I want to give back to the club while I am playing and then hopefully afterwards as well, whether I am involved in rugby league or just around the community.

“This is home to me and I want it to be for the next couple of years.”

Ballin’s passionate words follow a report that claimed he could be forced out of Manly at the end the year because the Sea Eagles were chasing Broncos hooker Andrew McCullough.

“I am still in negotiations with Manly and we haven’t discussed anything with any other clubs,” Ballin said.

He said he spoke to Manly CEO Joe Kelly and was assured the club hadn’t spoken to Brisbane and didn’t know who McCullogh’s management was.

“I believe him 100 per cent on that,” Ballin said.

The quiet achiever in the Sea Eagles’ pack said while he was after a two-year deal, he had made it very clear to the club that if he didn’t think he could fulfil a contract he wouldn’t take it.

“And if it gets to the point where I am in a contract and I feel I can’t do it the next year I wouldn’t continue on,” he said.

“I think I owe that to the club and the fans who have supported me and to myself and my reputation.

“I don’t think the club owes me anything and I owe my loyalty to the club.

“Rugby league is my love and my first interest but after it there are plenty of options for me. It’s not as if I’m just here for the money.”

Long time visitor, first time poster

You are a champion Matt - thanks for a dose of the Manly spirit amongst the greed and crap playing out right now.

I'll still get to games this year with blokes like you on the field...

I like that you have decided to not 'Curb your Enthusiasm' and cheer on the team @Larry David

And here I was calling for Hodges to get some game time, still a fan but - stuff it! - play your 80 minutes Matt - representing the old school loyalty card - rare in todays game....

What can you say? He is the very epitome of a class act. He is a humble, loyal, grounded, hard working top footy player and even better person. We are so fortunate to have him representing Manly.

Your a champion Matt and a great person also. Its great to see a player actually wanting to give back to the club that gave him a breakthrough in life. I hope your still with our club in some capacity after you retire from playing.

Loyal Matt Ballin wants to be a Sea Eagle for life

IRONMAN hooker Matt Ballin has declared his loyalty to the Sea Eagles and revealed he hopes to sign a new two-year deal to play out his career at Manly.

“I love the club; the club gave me my big start,” Ballin said.

“I wasn’t wanted at Brisbane. They brought me down here and put a lot of time and energy and resources into me to establish me as the football player I am today.

“I want to give back to the club while I am playing and then hopefully afterwards as well, whether I am involved in rugby league or just around the community.

“This is home to me and I want it to be for the next couple of years.”

Ballin’s passionate words follow a report that claimed he could be forced out of Manly at the end the year because the Sea Eagles were chasing Broncos hooker Andrew McCullough.

“I am still in negotiations with Manly and we haven’t discussed anything with any other clubs,” Ballin said.

He said he spoke to Manly CEO Joe Kelly and was assured the club hadn’t spoken to Brisbane and didn’t know who McCullogh’s management was.

“I believe him 100 per cent on that,” Ballin said.

The quiet achiever in the Sea Eagles’ pack said while he was after a two-year deal, he had made it very clear to the club that if he didn’t think he could fulfil a contract he wouldn’t take it.

“And if it gets to the point where I am in a contract and I feel I can’t do it the next year I wouldn’t continue on,” he said.

“I think I owe that to the club and the fans who have supported me and to myself and my reputation.

“I don’t think the club owes me anything and I owe my loyalty to the club.

“Rugby league is my love and my first interest but after it there are plenty of options for me. It’s not as if I’m just here for the money.”
That is all we want from our players whether they stay or go...THAT THEY LOVE MANLY. I think he is sending his own veiled message to the other two!

Now why dont they sign him up now to give some good news and show loyalty is not dead. doesn't sound like it would be a tough negotiation

After all the doom and gloom of recent events. How great to hear this and how committed he is. A great role model for our kids. Sign him pronto!!

And here I was calling for Hodges to get some game time, still a fan but - stuff it! - play your 80 minutes Matt - representing the old school loyalty card - rare in todays game....

I am calling for it and this makes the point even more relevant.

2 more years of 80 minute matty B or with 55 minute matty B we get 3-4 years

I would prefer 3-4 years thank you very much

Love Matty, an absolute top bloke and I am proud he is a Mighty Sea Eagle. He is a true legend and he proves that loyalty does exist. And yes he is the guy that keeps on giving.....another positive, he does actually care about the fans............!

Thank you Matty for being you.........!

And he is one of the reasons I will be heading to Brooky on Saturday night along with my partner, best mate and my two brothers.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7