1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good luck David Williams

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by SeaEagleRock8, Aug 27, 2011.

1. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,798 / 122
    Broken neck sounds pretty severe. I know he is young and fit but there must be some chance he won't come back? Either way he has been a sensation for us, on & off the field. I wish him a full recovery.

2. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,534 / 32
    I think every poster on here would echo that sentiment, SER8.

3. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    Yep all the best Wolfman. I still think the way the storm twisted and contorted his body should be outlawed....

4. lloydy

lloydy Active Member

Ratings:
    +86 / 0
    Good luck Wolfman.

5. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    Get well soon Wolfie... Appreciate your efforts for the team but you health is way more important. Can't wait to see you back on the field doing what you do so well.

6. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 0
    +1

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dang Eagle

Dang Eagle Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    All the best Wolfman. I'm really going to miss your efforts on and off the field. Hope to see you back next year in the maroon and white but more importantly hope you make a full and speedy recovery.

8. Budgewoi Eagle

Budgewoi Eagle In for the long haul. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,015 / 52
    Is there confirmation of the injury?
    Nothing else matters above health, including premierships. All the very best for a focussed recovery to full health to a player who brought much delight, excitement, and joy.

9. mcatt

mcatt Active Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    Here's hoping for a speedy recovery. Brilliant player on the field and great club man off the field.

10. Pittwater Legend

Pittwater Legend Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +780 / 28
    Wish him all the best. There's no doubt he plays the game hard. Im glad he was able to savour a premiership win with us because he has been continuously cruelled by injury.

11. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    I don't think that had anything to do with it, you see that sort of thing in numerous games where they try and hold players up over the line, don't think it was intentional. I'm sure the injury occurred at the first point of contact where he basically ran full pelt head first into one of the Storm players' chest. Unlucky for Wolfie.

Here's to a full recovery, not the sort of injury you would wish on anyway to be honest. Is this the same injury Ben Ross had ?

12. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    Des said that he is still in RNS Hospital and will he will be out of action for 4 months.
    I hope he makes a full recovery. Then he can decide if he wants to continue putting his body through torture again. He can always wear one of those braces like Brent Tate.

13. Cletus

Cletus Active Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    I hope he can make a comeback. I think the damage was done when he hit one of the storm players in the sternum, I don't the storm players contributed to it and should be lauded for keeping his neck stable.

14. chris_niko

chris_niko Active Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    good luck wolfman. hope u make a speedy recovery

slater will always be a scummy dog in my eyes but he did well in the situation to stay under him until told otherwise

15. castle eagle

castle eagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

newcastle
    Ratings:
    +653 / 6
    as much as i loathe slater, he deserves credit for helping wolf when it occurred. on continuous call today they said all the players involved in the tackle heard a 'crack', slater told all the storm players to not move & they stayed in position until help arrived then he instructed his team mates to slide away when it was safe to do so.
    he also has been calling to check on wolf this morning.
    i hate writing anything nice about him but he does deserve credit for this.