1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good loss

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Ceagle, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Ceagle

Ceagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +238 / 3
    No injuries, extra day backing up and JWH likely to miss week 1. Good result.

• Like Like x 2
  2. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,409 / 130
    I will take a win over a loss any day, even though it matters not.

3. the mauler

the mauler Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,653 / 25
    I'd take no injuries and an extra days rest than a win today. Good result.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Pepi

Pepi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +319 / 20
    A weird feeling watching the game today. Was hoping Penrith would edge ahead.
    Best result in my mind. Friday would have been a very short turn around.

5. Ron E. Gibbs

Ron E. Gibbs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,438 / 12
    I'd prefer to be going into the finals with a win, too, but given the players out I guess it's okay. One positive - we'll have PLENTY to work on and should be ready to play.

6. zabble

zabble Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 3
    This was a nothing game today. It will be forgotten once we win next Sat night.

I would like to offer a massive congratulations to all of the Sea Eagles players and staff for making the top 4 yet again. An amazing effort in the salary cap / modern era.

I am incredibly proud to support this great club.

The real comp begins next week & i'm sure that is where our focus is.

Everything is on track.

• Like Like x 1
  7. mozgrame

mozgrame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,610 / 46
    I don't mind that loss at all. Should add a little more fuel to the fire for next week. It's good to be a little hungry at finals time.

8. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,755 / 57
    They'll be pissed with the result. Expect something extra next week it's going to be a ripper of a game. It would fill the SFS on it's own this double header is a ****ing joke.

9. Brookie Benn

Brookie Benn New Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Seemed like tanking to me?

10. Utility Player

Utility Player Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +456 / 4
    I would have taken Lyon Matai Foran and DCE off with about 20 to go but hey I aint the coach.

11. God

God Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +411 / 10
    18-10 would have been a good loss but letting them score 36 not so good. At least it all starts again next week and the Roosters probably will be a bit weaker out of the two possible opponents.

12. mozgrame

Ratings:
    +4,610 / 46
    Work your magic God. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,802 / 122
    No way was it a deliberate loss. They still were obviously trying, but the mental intensity wasn't there, and under the circumstances that is understandable.

• Like Like x 1
  14. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,800 / 58
    describes my posts......

• Like Like x 2
  15. 1969

1969 Well-Known Member

Burleigh Heads
    Ratings:
    +401 / 48
    I am just so over the moon I can't explain the feeling!

Then again, the beers are kicking in pretty solid :)

16. mozgrame

Ratings:
    +4,610 / 46
    Shane, attempting to masturbate for the 10th time during the game?

17. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,844 / 103
    LIGOTY
    For the first time I can recall I was worried more about the players not getting injured than us winning the match. You could tell the Manly boys weren't as interested in the result as the 'Riff players, who took a penalty shot at goal rather than a tap. You'd have thought the Riff had qualafgied for the finals they were so happy with the result, rather than finishing 13th, or 12th or 11th . . . wherever they finished. I'm pleased we have an extra day to prepare, and I'd much rather watch RL at the SFS than Homebush.

• Like Like x 1
  18. MPC75

MPC75 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 9
    I'm not too concerned with the loss and I don't think Toovs will be either. I think at 26 all the boys switched off, the last thing they wanted was a drawn out golden piont.

19. Jax24

Jax24 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0
    I hate losing any game. While I was dissapointed we lost, I also got over it a lot quicker than normal. Ten minutes after it I was looking at the positives. We incurred no major injuries and receive an extra days preperation.

While winning is always the goal, I think this loss will really motivate the team for next week. It will spark a fire that we will need against the Roosters. It will also remind our players that last weeks heroics count for
    nothing the next week. You have to bring your A game in the Finals or you go home.

The fact remains we had 6 players out and were not as strong as we will be next week. I also got the vibe that we are already focused on the Finals. We played ok but it wasn't with the same focus and passion as last week due
    to the magnitude of this game.

I still thought with it being some of guys last home game would have got us home but it
    didn't. I was pleased that Gutherson and Turbo got a run and they didn't disappoint. Both show great potential for the coming years. Gutho with the try and assist and Jake with some good runs a offload and some strong tackling. One of the real positives for us was giving these guys a taste of top grade.

Looking forward to next week and I'm sure we will see the real Manly Sea Eagles team. The stakes are raised so let's see if we can get our 2nd win over a top 4 team!!!

• Like Like x 2
  20. Brookie Benn

Brookie Benn New Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    I don't think it's in Manly DNA to deliberately lose, but just the simple things like kick/chase seemed to be at walking pace compared to last week. I had a feeling that the lads were going to have a game like this and changed my mind about driving down from Port M with my kids to watch the match, glad I did. However, I was extremely excited to see the two youngen's get a shot, and they both shone brightly. I also respect that the Panther's didn't go for the field goal option like I thought both teams would. I hate Manly losing anytime but I for some reason, it just didn't hurt. and I (and probably my family and workmates) am glad for that!