Good loss

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A weird feeling watching the game today. Was hoping Penrith would edge ahead.
Best result in my mind. Friday would have been a very short turn around.

bob dylan said:
I will take a win over a loss any day, even though it matters not.

I'd prefer to be going into the finals with a win, too, but given the players out I guess it's okay. One positive - we'll have PLENTY to work on and should be ready to play.

This was a nothing game today. It will be forgotten once we win next Sat night.

I would like to offer a massive congratulations to all of the Sea Eagles players and staff for making the top 4 yet again. An amazing effort in the salary cap / modern era.

I am incredibly proud to support this great club.

The real comp begins next week & i'm sure that is where our focus is.

Everything is on track.

I don't mind that loss at all. Should add a little more fuel to the fire for next week. It's good to be a little hungry at finals time.

They'll be pissed with the result. Expect something extra next week it's going to be a ripper of a game. It would fill the SFS on it's own this double header is a ****ing joke.

18-10 would have been a good loss but letting them score 36 not so good. At least it all starts again next week and the Roosters probably will be a bit weaker out of the two possible opponents.

Brookie Benn said:
Seemed like tanking to me?
No way was it a deliberate loss. They still were obviously trying, but the mental intensity wasn't there, and under the circumstances that is understandable.

I am just so over the moon I can't explain the feeling!

Then again, the beers are kicking in pretty solid :)

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Brookie Benn said:
No way was it a deliberate loss. They still were obviously trying, but the mental intensity wasn't there, and under the circumstances that is understandable.

Shane, attempting to masturbate for the 10th time during the game?

LIGOTY
For the first time I can recall I was worried more about the players not getting injured than us winning the match. You could tell the Manly boys weren't as interested in the result as the 'Riff players, who took a penalty shot at goal rather than a tap. You'd have thought the Riff had qualafgied for the finals they were so happy with the result, rather than finishing 13th, or 12th or 11th . . . wherever they finished. I'm pleased we have an extra day to prepare, and I'd much rather watch RL at the SFS than Homebush.

I'm not too concerned with the loss and I don't think Toovs will be either. I think at 26 all the boys switched off, the last thing they wanted was a drawn out golden piont.

I hate losing any game. While I was dissapointed we lost, I also got over it a lot quicker than normal. Ten minutes after it I was looking at the positives. We incurred no major injuries and receive an extra days preperation.

While winning is always the goal, I think this loss will really motivate the team for next week. It will spark a fire that we will need against the Roosters. It will also remind our players that last weeks heroics count for
nothing the next week. You have to bring your A game in the Finals or you go home.

The fact remains we had 6 players out and were not as strong as we will be next week. I also got the vibe that we are already focused on the Finals. We played ok but it wasn't with the same focus and passion as last week due
to the magnitude of this game.

I still thought with it being some of guys last home game would have got us home but it
didn't. I was pleased that Gutherson and Turbo got a run and they didn't disappoint. Both show great potential for the coming years. Gutho with the try and assist and Jake with some good runs a offload and some strong tackling. One of the real positives for us was giving these guys a taste of top grade.

Looking forward to next week and I'm sure we will see the real Manly Sea Eagles team. The stakes are raised so let's see if we can get our 2nd win over a top 4 team!!!

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Brookie Benn said:

I don't think it's in Manly DNA to deliberately lose, but just the simple things like kick/chase seemed to be at walking pace compared to last week. I had a feeling that the lads were going to have a game like this and changed my mind about driving down from Port M with my kids to watch the match, glad I did. However, I was extremely excited to see the two youngen's get a shot, and they both shone brightly. I also respect that the Panther's didn't go for the field goal option like I thought both teams would. I hate Manly losing anytime but I for some reason, it just didn't hurt. and I (and probably my family and workmates) am glad for that!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4