Good bye to our stacked lineup in 2013...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Chuck said:
OneEyedEagle said:
Cambo said:
This s**t is wrecking the site.
Think it's time I have holiday from the site until all these signing are completed. It's f***ed some Nuff Nuff can get on here and speak s**t.

Chuck f**k off and die soon you fool

I am finding it amusing, but won't let these post upset me.

No one's trying to upset anyone, I thought this forum was supposed to be a source for Manly related information? Today I received some information, and thought I'd post it.

Clearly I'm wrong and it's just inhabited by numpties that rage against anything that doesn't fit their point of view/opinion.

Feel free to PM me with any info Chuck. I hear nothing up here. :)

I think you just copped some of the anger that people are feeling about the situation at the moment Chuck.
When we won in 08 we already knew we were losing Beaver and Bell and then orford the year after, this time it's different, Manly has a young, star studded side and every club wants a piece of it.
We can't possibly keep them all and we just have to deal with it.

Central Coast Eagle said:
I heard the other day that Sean meaney wants to come back to manly, hates Tim sheen.
Maybe he could fill snakes spot :rollseyes

Given he grew up in Harbord and still works in Brookvale (swim instructor) and he is engaged to a local girl - why does it surprise he wants to be here, came up through the ranks etc

Earnie the Eagle said:
tookey said:
Before you all smash chuck he did say 7/2011 that that des had signed with the dogs which proved to be correct. mybluedog also seems to be in the know as well

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Des-Merged-Thread?pid=348735#pid348735

Not smashing him mate, just asking for a source.

Not having a go at you earnie

lloydy said:
I think you just copped some of the anger that people are feeling about the situation at the moment Chuck.
When we won in 08 we already knew we were losing Beaver and Bell and then orford the year after, this time it's different, Manly has a young, star studded side and every club wants a piece of it.

Thanks Lloydy. Yes totally realise that and it's easy to see how those types of posts come across in a way that make people immediately sceptical.

As soon as we won the grand final it was clear that this was going to happen. We can't have 10 players on $400K deals.

Wow everyday someone new has so called "inside info" that turns out to be bull****. I have no reason to believe this is not bull**** also. The only people that know this **** are the players themselves, they don't tell "your best mate or friend of a player" about their decisions. Now give yourself 3 uppercuts and STFU.

Chuck said:
lloydy said:

Thanks Lloydy. Yes totally realise that and it's easy to see how those types of posts come across in a way that make people immediately sceptical.

As soon as we won the grand final it was clear that this was going to happen. We can't have 10 players on $400K deals.

We can. The last 15 just share 1 million.

Chuck said:
lloydy said:

We should release older players like Kite and Lyon to retain the likes of Foran, lussick and williams

torana355 said:
Wow everyday someone new has so called "inside info" that turns out to be bull****. I have no reason to believe this is not bull**** also. The only people that know this s**t are the players themselves, they don't tell "your best mate or friend of a player" about their decisions. Now give yourself 3 uppercuts and STFU.

Read the thread before posting, I got the Dessie call right when those such as yourself were crying about how he would never leave Manly, he is Manly through and through, blah blah blah.

And because I don't post 1700 posts that makes me "NEW". Even though I joined the forum a month after yourself?

I've been attending Manly games for 25 years, apparently I'm new.

Sumdumguy said:
Why start a new thread rehashing what we've already heard?

Because clearly I work for the Telegraph.

tookey said:
Chuck said:
lloydy said:

We should release older players like Kite and Lyon to retain the likes of Foran, lussick and williams

Releasing implies there is someone wanting to buy them, if not it is useless

What's the STACKED word used to describe our line-up about in your heading?

That's crap. Only Lyon and Kite were profile signings, and they have been here for many years now. All the others were developed from youngsters, or improved.

There are plenty of other clubs that you can apply the word 'staked' to their line up. Try Dogs, Souths, Easts, Parramatta, Tigers for starters!

Whoever decides they should leave can leave if they go to any other team than ours they take a risk - but as I said in an earlier post only Oldfied from our starting thirteen has not played SOO or Test football some players will leave and good for them if they do.

Take a positive outlook - if Foran leaves we may keep TRex, If TRex leaves we could keep Snake and Foran it will sort itself out.

We have young stars coming through who deserve a shot, Buhrer is a starter through and through and loves the club. Lussick could be 'anything'.

Lets enjoy the fact that they are all here this year and we have the best shot since the cheats (who still couldn't pull it off) of going back to back.

The whole episode with Hasler has made everyone here hyper-sensitive to more sea-eagles leaving the club - but this is a two way street - every telegraph and foxsports and grillteam commentator knows that we are hypersensitive to these reports and that they will be re-posted or re-tweeted and earn them more hits and therefore more revenue, when we bite.

This is a tough year to have a team of champions as well as a champion team because everyone else thinks a big payday is on the horizon and throwing overs that aren't guaranteed at our players thinking that each of them will make their new team Manly. They won't.

This is a great team built by an excellent coach who left it to one that would have found a first grade gig a couple of years ago if he wasn't so loyal. We have a champion in charge - a champion team and the best fans, best home ground, best location and what seems like a bloody good COO.

Enjoy it - you have been implored by so many on this site but don't bite the bait.
If some of our players are poached then that's life - they got to win a premiership with us and at least weren't stolen like JWH and Tasi before they got to experience the growth that this club continually nurtures in our young stars.

Go Manly - The Premiers!

Top End Eagle said:
Whoever decides they should leave can leave if they go to any other team than ours they take a risk - but as I said in an earlier post only Oldfied from our starting thirteen has not played SOO or Test football some players will leave and good for them if they do.

Take a positive outlook - if Foran leaves we may keep TRex, If TRex leaves we could keep Snake and Foran it will sort itself out.

We have young stars coming through who deserve a shot, Buhrer is a starter through and through and loves the club. Lussick could be 'anything'.

Lets enjoy the fact that they are all here this year and we have the best shot since the cheats (who still couldn't pull it off) of going back to back.

The whole episode with Hasler has made everyone here hyper-sensitive to more sea-eagles leaving the club - but this is a two way street - every telegraph and foxsports and grillteam commentator knows that we are hypersensitive to these reports and that they will be re-posted or re-tweeted and earn them more hits and therefore more revenue, when we bite.

This is a tough year to have a team of champions as well as a champion team because everyone else thinks a big payday is on the horizon and throwing overs that aren't guaranteed at our players thinking that each of them will make their new team Manly. They won't.

This is a great team built by an excellent coach who left it to one that would have found a first grade gig a couple of years ago if he wasn't so loyal. We have a champion in charge - a champion team and the best fans, best home ground, best location and what seems like a bloody good COO.

Enjoy it - you have been implored by so many on this site but don't bite the bait.
If some of our players are poached then that's life - they got to win a premiership with us and at least weren't stolen like JWH and Tasi before they got to experience the growth that this club continually nurtures in our young stars.

Go Manly - The Premiers!

Amen brother.

Utility Player said:
The Who said:
What's the STACKED word used to describe our line-up about in your heading?
Well it is stacked with rep players past and present, about 12 at full strength.

If any other team had that much talent we would be calling them cheats.

No, the word 'stacked' implies they have been assembled illegally. The words he should have used were 'multi-talented' or 'premiership-winning'.

Chuck said:
torana355 said:
Wow everyday someone new has so called "inside info" that turns out to be bull****. I have no reason to believe this is not bull**** also. The only people that know this s**t are the players themselves, they don't tell "your best mate or friend of a player" about their decisions. Now give yourself 3 uppercuts and STFU.

Read the thread before posting, I got the Dessie call right when those such as yourself were crying about how he would never leave Manly, he is Manly through and through, blah blah blah.

And because I don't post 1700 posts that makes me "NEW". Even though I joined the forum a month after yourself?

I've been attending Manly games for 25 years, apparently I'm new.

I did not mean a new member, i meant a new person posting threads like this everyday. So far not one person has been correct so i think we should stop the speculation. Im sure you did get the Hasler deal correct but you don't know every player at Manly and their contract discussions so you can't post on here saying those deals are done and dusted when i bet they are not, if anything they may be talking to those clubs but to say its a done deal is BS. The fact you think we will lose Foran, Trex, Snake and Lussick is overboard when we only need to knock 500k off our cap for next season.

The Who said:
No, the word 'stacked' implies they have been assembled illegally. The words he should have used were 'multi-talented' or 'premiership-winning'.
I don't know about that I saw a topless waitress last night who could be described as stacked, and while I am sure she would multi talented I can't see how she could have been assembled illeagally. :p

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2