Golden yrs are over

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Agree we must not forget we have some good youngsters.

Which is why I think we just need a metre eater and an enforcer.

And then with almost an open cheque book in a year or two we target some real superstar forwards and maybe a superstar back as well.

Surely the Rorters can't hold into their roster for ever!!

kenthurst eagle said:
Why no Lyon in the centres?

Was looking past when Lyon retires, but his obviously there and captain until then, showing the young guns how it's done as that progress to the top grade.

Contract up next year, he'll be 31 but I haven't heard any mention of retirement. I assume he'd go around until he's 34-ish.

Loobs said:
My only request would be some tall timber out on the wings. Short wingers are a liability. Cheyse and Gutherson, Hiku and Killer in the centres, Tafua could make for a decent custodian - at least running the ball back, otherwise Tom T and shift Jorge to the centres with Hiku and Lyon to the 6 if Foran bolts too.

There are options there and they are all people that want to be at Manly. There would also be a decent amount of cash freed up to chase some boppers for the pack to pair with JSL and Lawrence.

Jorge would make a great fullback. The only problem is that he cant catch..:)

On this site at around halfway through the year we were certainties for the MP. Now all of a sudden our golden years are over?

I love the negativity on this site- it's great for a laugh.

nodd said:
On this site at around halfway through the year we were certainties for the MP. Now all of a sudden our golden years are over?

I think a straight sets exit may prove otherwise. Roger Federer has been making finals and semi finals for the last few years, but will probably never win one again. I think it is safe to say his golden years are over, don't you think?

Moops said:
nodd said:

I think a straight sets exit may prove otherwise. Roger Federer has been making finals and semi finals for the last few years, but will probably never win one again. I think it is safe to say his golden years are over, don't you think?

Except that Fed can't replace himself. Seriously, do we all think Wombat, Igor, and Freddie Jones were never replaced with something bright and shiny and new?

Moops said:
nodd said:

Yes thanks for that Moops?

Tennis and rugby league have a great deal in common?

Your rugby league knowledge is undoubtably vast- but can you tell the difference between a team
sport and an individual sport?

No need to fret, when one door closes another one opens, the era of the last decade has been so rewarding and fantastic for the fans.

We do need to re-generate and we have enough talent in the 20s and reserves to be a force for years to come.

Its all about balance, you need that mix of experience and youth, right now, maybe its fair to say we are a bit top heavy on experience and that a few players going will be hard to take but will help the team in the long term.

The word to describe Manly is resilient, over the last 20 years we have had to endure the disaster of the Northern Eagles, thrust upon us and we have punched above our weight on a fraction of the money that some of our rivals have.

The secret to the ongoing success is a culture that is nurtured by past greats passing this onto the new breed.

No need to fret, Manly will always be a force regardless of who wears our shirt.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2