Golden yrs are over

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
In my opinion lets get this year over and done with.
This team has given us who have witnessed the last decade something that we could only dream of, lets enjoy the last few weeks as the end is nearing.
The non offer to glen ,was in my opinion deliberate, the clean out has begun and watch out for more exits ( obviously)Lyon might be captain but they have targeted the boss.
Matai is not part of clean out , but others close to the main group will be including a couple of favourites.
Unfortunately our emotion is not what the owners look at , for them it's business and a common cliche , one step back to go 2 steps forward.
I hope I'm wrong and I wish I'm wrong but the writing is on the wall.
If I'm right enjoy what other supporters have missed out on and wait for the next phase which shouldn't be to long .
Guys like Jake and Tom , , Gutho, and other young crop are just around the corner.

Go Manly

I can't see us having a major fade, we need a few new key players, but I see a plan in place.

Hiku or Morrisey to fullback
Hodges to hooker and keep the halves

he actually has a point, Toovey is going to have to inject more youth into the side, especially in the forwards, and I do think we will have a less dominant period, but I don't think we will bottom out completely.

As I just posted in the Twits thread, we don't stop having " Golden Years", we had them in the following decades,

The 70's / 80's / 90's and so far the first decade of the new millennium AND the second ( where we already have played in two and won one GF).

The next Golden era is really just around the corner, because " We are Manly"

Keep the halves,recruit well as usual and bring on the young guns and we are the same old top 8 certainty every year.Only a severe mishandling of this current problem will stop that and Toovey is the right man at the helm.

Can you honestly imagine DCE and Foran playing in a side that isnt killing it?
A cull/clean out is imminent, of course we can all see that, but i dont think there will be the drop in competitiveness that some are expecting. We will be ok as long as the holes are plugged with up and coming players with some steel. Having those 2 players means our side is ****hot. 24/7 baby

If our 'golden years' are over does that mean the end to the superiority complex I've enjoyed lauding over opposition supporters for the past decade?

YART time

1. Tom T
2. Taufua
3. Hiku
4. Gutherson
5. Blair
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. BJ
9. Ballin
10. Starling
11. Buhrer
12. Symonds
13. Jake T

14. JSL
15. Lui
16. MCK
17. Hodges
18. Littlejohn
19. Sao
20. Satini
21. Jamil Hopoate
22. Andrews
23. Horo
24. Rudolph
25. Berryman

There is 25 man squad that, given a year or two of experience, would be very competitive IMO. And this is without any recruitment.

I honestly think the only way that we would end up in a major SLUMP is if we had retained all these aging greats and let them all run out of petrol together at the same time in the hope of squeezing out a few more good years in the meantime.

It might be a step backwards in the short term to let a few go - but its time to start our next generation, with a careful selection of the old guard who WANT to buy in...eg Killer etc.

I'm over the Stewart Brothers Circus to be honest. Been 5 years of circus. Been great players, loved watching them play, but its time to move on. If a couple of other over 30 y/o go with them for big paydays...so be it...they've earned it ).

mosto said:
YART time

1. Tom T
2. Taufua
3. Hiku
4. Gutherson
5. Blair
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. BJ
9. Ballin
10. Starling
11. Buhrer
12. Symonds
13. Jake T

14. JSL
15. Lui
16. MCK
17. Hodges
18. Littlejohn
19. Sao
20. Satini
21. Jamil Hopoate
22. Andrews
23. Horo
24. Rudolph
25. Berryman

There is 25 man squad that, given a year or two of experience, would be very competitive IMO. And this is without any recruitment.
I feel better already !!

My only request would be some tall timber out on the wings. Short wingers are a liability. Cheyse and Gutherson, Hiku and Killer in the centres, Tafua could make for a decent custodian - at least running the ball back, otherwise Tom T and shift Jorge to the centres with Hiku and Lyon to the 6 if Foran bolts too.

There are options there and they are all people that want to be at Manly. There would also be a decent amount of cash freed up to chase some boppers for the pack to pair with JSL and Lawrence.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6