Golden Periods for Players

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Killer03

Bencher
We've spoken about us having golden periods (the last 10 years) , the 70s etc.

But what about the players? I look back on certain times and think this player or that just had a golden run for x amount of years.

For me:

Jamie Lyon 2009 to 2013. This is not an obituary on Killer, but that period he was without a doubt the best centre in the game and was voted international centre of the year for 3 years (when he didn't play tests or origin). His form in that period is as good as I've ever seen for a centre (I didn't see Bozo).

Glenn Stewart 2008 to 2011. I really believe in this period he was the best backrower in the game. His toughness, tackling and passing ability were unsurpassed.

Phil Blake (I can't remember the exact year), but for a period of a year or two he was just unbelievable.

Anthony Watmough - 2008-2009. This was the period he was called the 'DNA freak'. He was just killing it. Running hard, tackling hard, scoring tries and popping good offloads.

We've spoken about us having golden periods (the last 10 years) , the 70s etc.

But what about the players? I look back on certain times and think this player or that just had a golden run for x amount of years.

For me:

Jamie Lyon 2009 to 2013. This is not an obituary on Killer, but that period he was without a doubt the best centre in the game and was voted international centre of the year for 3 years (when he didn't play tests or origin). His form in that period is as good as I've ever seen for a centre (I didn't see Bozo).

Glenn Stewart 2008 to 2011. I really believe in this period he was the best backrower in the game. His toughness, tackling and passing ability were unsurpassed.

Phil Blake (I can't remember the exact year), but for a period of a year or two he was just unbelievable.

Anthony Watmough - 2008-2009. This was the period he was called the 'DNA freak'. He was just killing it. Running hard, tackling hard, scoring tries and popping good offloads.

I've said before I reckon Choc's best season was 2007. It was slight decline following that as Gift stepped up. He was a devastating runner in 2007, quick, the step, making line breaks at will. Shame how the year finished

1991 Kevin iro . When this bloke had a go he was unstoppable 91 was a great year for him he only played a couple of years with us but when on phewww. I remember iro and cliffy almost single handedly beating the raiders in a semi when they were star studded and we had players out . Ridge , Roberts etc. Phil Gould still sais it was one of the best games he had ever witnessed .

Cliffy in the early '90's. He always had patches of brilliance but, early on, he had some shockers as well. In the back half of his career he developed some consistency and was an absolute genius.

Add Johnny Gibbs to this list. One or two great seasons before injury curtailed his career.
Others include Nick Kosef, Russel and Daniel Gartner....

1991 Kevin iro . When this bloke had a go he was unstoppable 91 was a great year for him he only played a couple of years with us but when on phewww. I remember iro and cliffy almost single handedly beating the raiders in a semi when they were star studded and we had players out . Ridge , Roberts etc. Phil Gould still sais it was one of the best games he had ever witnessed .

I remember being at that game. Didn't Gary Coyne score 4 tries? LOL!

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6