1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Golden Eagles story in today's Tele

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Shoe1, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,649 / 74
    The spin in this article is staggering. Ritchie has turned a good story into a free kick for someone against Darrell Williams.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/former-sea-eagles-forwards-mark-bryant-and-josh-perry-will-head-the-manlywarringah-golden-eagles-association/story-fndv31ch-1227045502397

I was in the fans v legends game earlier this year, with Josh Perry allocated as our coach. He said he is an NRL ambassador and said he will be working for manly a bit this year on game day events which would include getting ex players involved (eg in the touch footy game). Also Joe G is involved. There was a totally good feeling about the whole thing, with the manly club staff fully supportive and working on it too. I can't imagine that this would cause any political bad feeling internally because it is a strategy driven by the club.

Perhaps this shows just how hard the Tele tries to stir up trouble and push agendas.
    [hr]
    Also Beaver is co-patron of the group, and he works for Manly too.

• Like Like x 3
  2. RiverEagle

RiverEagle New Member

Ratings:
    +1,055 / 0
    I totally agree with you mate @Shoe1

ANY chance Ritchie gets to put a negative spin, or just blatantly stick a boot into Us, he'll do it. (Along with the other usual suspects).

Understand your angst with it; but don't let it in any way spoil or tarnish that experience for you.

3. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308 / 51
    News limited policy = paint Manly in a negative light wherever possible. I would not expect anything else from the news filth.

• Like Like x 1
  4. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,648 / 66
    Leave the tele side apart you have to wonder why the ex-players felt the need to establish another group apart from the one that Williams was running

5. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    They didn't - it was set up by the 'Brains Trust' as payback for the failed AVO :p
    Neither of the figureheads had much history with Manly, so would not have been able to set anything up without help.:sleepy:

From the sublime to the ridiculous ;)

But at least the old Players are now feeling appreciated. :angel:
    No one paid them much attention prior to this latest Turf War, now they are being courted by two groups!

DT obviously have an unnatural obsession with all things Manly :cool:

6. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    Oh gawd, here we go again!

• Like Like x 1
  7. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    This should be in the DT - never mind the past - these are our present Manly Legends :angel:

Meet the Mighty Sea Eagles
    Congratulate the MIGHTY SEA EAGLES this Thursday with Dad, right here at The Square. Show your support as we near the Grand Finals!

Jamie Lyon and a few of the team will be here to sign posters, merchandise and more!

They will also be unveiling our fantastic Father's Day prize - a signed and framed 2014 jersey and football. To find out how to enter, click here>http://bit.ly/1lvvBHD

When: Thu 5 Sep
    Where: Food Court
    Time: 5pm-7pm

Who will be at The Square:

5-6pm 6-7pm
    Jamie Lyon Geoff Toovey
    Cheyse Blair Jack Littlejohn
    David Williams Ligi Sao
    Daniel Harrison

Plus, there'll be lucky door prizes during the event.:)

See you at the Square!!

8. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,203 / 16
    News LTD Headline tomorrow:

NEW TURMOIL AT MANLY

Ex-Manly players in a huge rift with two Old boys association as players shun Darrel Williams' group.

9. Mals

Mals Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Pennant Hills
    Ratings:
    +1,480 / 35
    Strewth, is there going to be more than one Grand Final this year! :p

Wish I could be there, would be nice to see the Wolfman again.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,649 / 74
    It just makes me laugh River, the pettiness of it all

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,775 / 258
    Another "Storm in a Tea Cup".....great story so WHY?? even mention a political issue, oh yes Zorba was there so I can see where this comes from.

For whatever reason if Boxy and Teddy can pull more people together AND they join us on the hill then go for it.

I popped in for a bit on Sunday (literally 5 mins and it was all over by then) and it was good to see some old faces there, many I didn't recognise.

Its a great initiative by the two "young" guys and to be honest I think the agenda's between the two groups are different, and as such both can survive, and without any political connotations.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ron E. Gibbs

Ron E. Gibbs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,438 / 12
    This was actually taken from "The Manly Daily". Easy to forget sometimes that it's a News Corp paper, too.

13. RiverEagle

RiverEagle New Member

Ratings:
    +1,055 / 0
    Insecure, or petty people need to drag others to their level.....

So obviously Manly-supporters are far more evolved than most!

Not to forget short-ar$e Ritchie being much closer to the ground to boot, mate!