Golden Eagles story in today's Tele

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Shoe1

Journey Man
The spin in this article is staggering. Ritchie has turned a good story into a free kick for someone against Darrell Williams.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/former-sea-eagles-forwards-mark-bryant-and-josh-perry-will-head-the-manlywarringah-golden-eagles-association/story-fndv31ch-1227045502397

I was in the fans v legends game earlier this year, with Josh Perry allocated as our coach. He said he is an NRL ambassador and said he will be working for manly a bit this year on game day events which would include getting ex players involved (eg in the touch footy game). Also Joe G is involved. There was a totally good feeling about the whole thing, with the manly club staff fully supportive and working on it too. I can't imagine that this would cause any political bad feeling internally because it is a strategy driven by the club.

Perhaps this shows just how hard the Tele tries to stir up trouble and push agendas.

Also Beaver is co-patron of the group, and he works for Manly too.

I totally agree with you mate @Shoe1

ANY chance Ritchie gets to put a negative spin, or just blatantly stick a boot into Us, he'll do it. (Along with the other usual suspects).

Understand your angst with it; but don't let it in any way spoil or tarnish that experience for you.

Leave the tele side apart you have to wonder why the ex-players felt the need to establish another group apart from the one that Williams was running

lsz said:
Leave the tele side apart you have to wonder why the ex-players felt the need to establish another group apart from the one that Williams was running

They didn't - it was set up by the 'Brains Trust' as payback for the failed AVO :p
Neither of the figureheads had much history with Manly, so would not have been able to set anything up without help.:sleepy:

From the sublime to the ridiculous ;)

But at least the old Players are now feeling appreciated. :angel:
No one paid them much attention prior to this latest Turf War, now they are being courted by two groups!

DT obviously have an unnatural obsession with all things Manly :cool:

This should be in the DT - never mind the past - these are our present Manly Legends :angel:

Meet the Mighty Sea Eagles
Congratulate the MIGHTY SEA EAGLES this Thursday with Dad, right here at The Square. Show your support as we near the Grand Finals!

Jamie Lyon and a few of the team will be here to sign posters, merchandise and more!

They will also be unveiling our fantastic Father's Day prize - a signed and framed 2014 jersey and football. To find out how to enter, click here>http://bit.ly/1lvvBHD

When: Thu 5 Sep
Where: Food Court
Time: 5pm-7pm

Who will be at The Square:

5-6pm 6-7pm
Jamie Lyon Geoff Toovey
Cheyse Blair Jack Littlejohn
David Williams Ligi Sao
Daniel Harrison

Plus, there'll be lucky door prizes during the event.:)

See you at the Square!!

News LTD Headline tomorrow:

NEW TURMOIL AT MANLY

Ex-Manly players in a huge rift with two Old boys association as players shun Darrel Williams' group.

HappilyManly said:
This should be in the DT - never mind the past - these are our present Manly Legends :angel:

Meet the Mighty Sea Eagles
Congratulate the MIGHTY SEA EAGLES this Thursday with Dad, right here at The Square. Show your support as we near the Grand Finals!

Jamie Lyon and a few of the team will be here to sign posters, merchandise and more!

They will also be unveiling our fantastic Father's Day prize - a signed and framed 2014 jersey and football. To find out how to enter, click here>http://bit.ly/1lvvBHD

When: Thu 5 Sep
Where: Food Court
Time: 5pm-7pm

Who will be at The Square:

5-6pm 6-7pm
Jamie Lyon Geoff Toovey
Cheyse Blair Jack Littlejohn
David Williams Ligi Sao
Daniel Harrison

Plus, there'll be lucky door prizes during the event.:)

See you at the Square!!
Strewth, is there going to be more than one Grand Final this year! :p

Wish I could be there, would be nice to see the Wolfman again.

RiverEagle said:

ANY chance Ritchie gets to put a negative spin, or just blatantly stick a boot into Us, he'll do it. (Along with the other usual suspects).

Understand your angst with it; but don't let it in any way spoil or tarnish that experience for you.

It just makes me laugh River, the pettiness of it all

Another "Storm in a Tea Cup".....great story so WHY?? even mention a political issue, oh yes Zorba was there so I can see where this comes from.

For whatever reason if Boxy and Teddy can pull more people together AND they join us on the hill then go for it.

I popped in for a bit on Sunday (literally 5 mins and it was all over by then) and it was good to see some old faces there, many I didn't recognise.

Its a great initiative by the two "young" guys and to be honest I think the agenda's between the two groups are different, and as such both can survive, and without any political connotations.

Shoe1 said:
RiverEagle said:

It just makes me laugh River, the pettiness of it all

Insecure, or petty people need to drag others to their level.....

So obviously Manly-supporters are far more evolved than most!

Not to forget short-ar$e Ritchie being much closer to the ground to boot, mate!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6