• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Byso, have you been drinking mate.

The only good rockers are the ones in my cars engine that keep it nice and lubricated.

:shock: You have all lost it. I shall not return. Have fun basking in your rocker glow.

lol

night mate :D

If you have an agenda with a person is it not better to talk to them directly than to voice it without them having a chance to defend themselves

Some funny bits here guys but be careful about comments about others who aren't here to protect themselves. Happy to carve up each other and make satirical comment but I reckon that it is a bit low getting stuck into those who don't even visit this place and therefore have little to do with what happens here.

My view only but mods on other forums have a job to do and do it, and we should just leave well alone!

lByso, have you been drinking mate.

The only good rockers are the ones in my cars engine that keep it nice and lubricated

Is that so?

How many have you met behind your keyboard?

While I'll admit, there are a few that border the norm, most of the Rockers are very friendly,dedicated,hardworking and open people.

At first I just wanted to meet the people behind the nicknames that I had been posting with. Within minutes they accepted and treated me as if I had been there the whole time.

My prime example are Corso_Jan & Corso_Pete.

At the game at Newcastle in 03 I finally made the effort to go to a Manly game. My second of the season. Transport was impossible for football as I didn't have my P's (too young) and had no one to go with. My parents also weren't all that flash on me using public transport alone on a Saturday night or late Sunday afternoon. I found a mate of mine who was a Manly fan (which I wasn't aware of previously) and we made the trip up via train.

I saw the Rockers flags and decided to go over and introduce myself. Being a cat and not knowing who was a Rocker and who wasn't I just randomly asked the guy sitting next to me if he posted on ME. Turns out he was Corso_Pete and later on the lady next to him, Corso_Jan. I then discovered that he like me lived on the Coast. Within mentioning that I lived at Terrigal they apologized for not being able to give me a lift back to Terrigal, as their daughters werein Newcastle and there was no room in the car. Now this is minutes after meeting the two, they offer to give me a lift home out of sheer courtesy.

From then on I have travelled to almost every game since that afternoon with Pete or Jan (depending on how she and Pete have shaped up after Jan's chemotherapy). I have never meet two nicer,more gentle people in my life. Pete is also one of the few posters on ME who always posts as it is and imo is always on the ball with every issue, football related or not. From then I've become to be great mates with the both of them.

Example #2. Following the first home game of 04 against the Roosters, we (myself and Kiz) head back to the club with the Corsos. They run into Groggo in the line. No more than half an hour later Groggo is posing for photos with me with his arm around me and talking as if we had been mates since school. It's been the same ever since.

I can't imagine my Brookie or footy experience without spending the arvo with Nathan/El Franco,Greg Presbury,Groggo,AJ & the Corso's.

The footy is great, but the company makes it well worthwhile.

Don't let a few bad eggs ruin the entire packet for you. Every group has its undesireables.

**RANT OVER**

well said CC Eagle.

I havent met anyone in person really but i goto every game and sit infront of the rockers.. they seem pretty nice and well mannered. Their are a few that hang around there that cause trouble but someone once told me they werent rockers.

But guys, we all love Manly. Our own supporters fighting each other is just too weird.

CC_Eagle 100% correct mate. Flipper hasnt met them and tends to fire up when on the piss. I have met a lot of them and completely agree with what you are saying.

I agree with the post CC.

I think that it is worth pointing out to those who whink all AE people are in the same basket as well.

There are some undesirables on ME who claim to be rockers I just ignore them.

Most of us on the conglomerate of sites all sit near each other at the game and im sure i have randoomly high 5'd plenty of you guys when we have scored.

Also i wouldnt pay too mush attention to flip last night - he was smashed and off chasing spacemen in another thread.

Too right Fluffy a point always missed, no one wants to be weighted on the actions of their peers but oft do not practise the asame with others.

We get painted as Eagle haters or non supporters, if that were true I have no idea what I was doing in Albion park on Saturday

Agreed CC there are many good ppl involved with the Rockers..............

But some rockers have it in for AE spreading un-truths about this site. Therefore ppl take offence and tend to attack when an opportunity presents.

I don't condone this I want all to get along.

Great post CC and thanks for clearing that up. There are some great Manly supporters and some dills - just like there are in every club and forum!! Treat each other as they come and enjoy!!

Oh and by the DVS Matt, that was a great post. I laughed for about 10 mins after reading that.

DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO

Always look on the bright side of life

Bugger now ive got that song in my head

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8