gold coast bulletin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
"THE Titans will be forced to field a battered and bruised team against Manly on Saturday in a last-ditch attempt to scrape into the finals.

Hours after it appeared their season was over following an ordinary performance against the Panthers, the Wests Tigers' 44-20 capitulation against Sydney yesterday has left the door open for the Titans to sneak into the top eight.

Coach John Cartwright was set to rest up to eight players in the final round clash at Skilled Park but that may change with the Titans' finals hopes still alive.

Representative forwards Nate Myles (sternum), Ashley Harrison (hip) and Greg Bird (ribs) are battling through pain and most of the squad is experiencing some form of niggling injury.

Five-eighth Aidan Sezer (knee) and hooker Matt Srama (shoulder) look certain to miss the match and the Titans are low on pivot options, with Jordan Rankin (ribs) not playing for Burleigh in the Queensland Cup yesterday."

Basically if Broncos win on Friday you should see a pretty depleted Titans which is good because they always worry us for some reason and we may get a chance to give some a rest in the second half if we can build a lead

Thanks mate, I think we'd all naturally appreciate a game where the other team wasn't desperate....as long as our guys don't switch off. Although from what I saw in the sheds last Friday night that is doubtful.

Last year, after the final round and heading into the finals series, was the most confident I have ever been in my entire time as a Sea Eagles fan, that Manly would go on and win the Premiership.
I'm even more confident this year.

I think there is a realisation amongst the team that the salary cap has / is going to break this team up and as such we may be in for a leaner time...this could be the last chance for a few years.

Also there's no doubt (although doubtful any of them would say) that they'll want to "stick it up Des" as the events of last year did certainly curtailed the enjoyment of the win.

I too am extremly confident, but also with the usual trepidation!!

Mark from Brisbane said:
I think there is a realisation amongst the team that the salary cap has / is going to break this team up and as such we may be in for a leaner time...this could be the last chance for a few years.

Also there's no doubt (although doubtful any of them would say) that they'll want to "stick it up Des" as the events of last year did certainly curtailed the enjoyment of the win.

Next year we still have a good shot

Let's hope Broncos win on Friday. Which they should, Panthers have nothing to play for now that they have avoided the spoon.

Last thing we need at this time of year is to come up against a desperate bunch of no hopers willing to stake life and limb on delaying their Mad Monday by one week. All that can come of that is an injury or suspension we don't need going into finals. Hopefully it'll be a cruisy hit out against a side keen to hit the cans early and not get hurt.

Mark from Brisbane said:

Look we'll lose the odd player here and there, but the core of the side will be together for the next 3 years at least. Correct me if I'm wrong but all the following are, or will be signed for at least that long

Snake
Killer
Shoulders
Foz
DCE
Gift
Choc
Ballin
Buhrer

We will probably hang onto the King dog as well, can't see him going anywhere.

Throw a couple of young wingers/backs in there and some young forwards along with a couple of bargain basement experienced guys (think Joe G, Rodney, Hally, Bryant etc) and we still have the basis of a very good side.

I'm pretty confident we'll be competitive over the next 3 years

Yes I suppose so. hope so as the last 7 years have been some of the best years I can remember for being a fan (especially after so many tough years)

Another premiership win would put this team alongside the great 1970s team - their 'spine' was Eadie, Randall, Krilich, Thompson, Fulton, Branighan. Similar to this team a group of champions and a strong supporting cast.

The Wheel said:
Another premiership win would put this team alongside the great 1970s team - their 'spine' was Eadie, Randall, Krilich, Thompson, Fulton, Branighan. Similar to this team a group of champions and a strong supporting cast.

If you are talking spines of teams you have left out one of the three players to play in all four premiership teams of the 70's. Ian Martin was a local junior who forced Bozo to move from 5/8 to centres in the '72-'73 sides and then played lock in the 76-78 teams to allow Alan Thompson to play 5/8. A tough as nails, great defensive player who along with Igor Randall provided the spine of these teams. Krilich and Thompson only played in the last two teams and Bozo left after '76. Branigan was still around but was only a bit player in the last two wins.

Panthers have won two on the trot; Broncos have lost six. A Broncos victory is by no means a formality. We'll need to beat whoever the Titans put out there.

Ron E. Gibbs said:
Panthers have won two on the trot; Broncos have lost six. A Broncos victory is by no means a formality. We'll need to beat whoever the Titans put out there.

Absolutely agree. It would be seriously dumb for Manly to think of this game as a walkover. Whoever plays for titans could be looking to make impressions, starting positions for next year for a few, or the Broncs get done and they come out full strength and hell for leather. Who knows what they'll be doing.
Regardless of what the titans are doing, Manly needs to turn up big time and play hard.

rosco said:
The Wheel said:

If you are talking spines of teams you have left out one of the three players to play in all four premiership teams of the 70's. Ian Martin was a local junior who forced Bozo to move from 5/8 to centres in the '72-'73 sides and then played lock in the 76-78 teams to allow Alan Thompson to play 5/8. A tough as nails, great defensive player who along with Igor Randall provided the spine of these teams. Krilich and Thompson only played in the last two teams and Bozo left after '76. Branigan was still around but was only a bit player in the last two wins.

Great work Rosco & Wheel. All great names right there.

Other clubs might have some history but none with as much rich history of success including those mentioned here.

Jatz Crackers said:
rosco said:
The Wheel said:

Great work Rosco & Wheel. All great names right there.

Other clubs might have some history but none with as much rich history of success including those mentioned here.

My bad, should give myself an uppercut for leaving Ian out, thanks Rosco!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8