1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gold Coast Bears

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by manlyfan76, Sep 19, 2015.

1. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,357 / 111
    Billy Moore wants to merge the bears with the titans. Tell him he's dreaming
    http://m.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/s...tral-coast-bears/story-fnj9yd9w-1227534137594

QUEENSLAND Origin legend Billy Moore says a takeover of the Titans by the Central Coast Bears could be a realistic option to help both parties.

Moore said it could be the Titans’ best chance at survival without relying upon NRL ownership.

“Something is better than nothing and from my point of view if someone said to me you can have your colours back in the game, the Bears emblem and therefore take on the history of the club I don’t care whether they play in Timbuktu,” said Moore, who played 211 games for the North Sydney Bears in the 1980s-90s.

“I’ll take it every day of the week and twice on Sunday. That should be the theme that all our old clubs have right now.

“If it means you have to go there to survive and they try to argue then you just say, do you want to go the way of the Newtown jets? The North Sydney Bears?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,842 / 103
    Yeah. Why not.
    I've got too many Bears' friends with chips on their shoulders who blame Manly for their demise and give it to me when we lose. So, let's give 'em a team and - here's the fun of it - make sure it's as crap as the Bears of old, who now play hundreds of miles away.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Disco

Disco Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,241 / 37
    I'd love to see it happen with 2 games a year on the central coast and 1 at North Sydney

Much more marketable then the silly Titans

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. mozgrame

mozgrame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,605 / 46
    The very North Sydney Bears. lol.

QUEENSLAND Origin legend Billy Moore says a takeover of the Titans by the Central Coast Bears could be a realistic option to help both parties.

I'm not sure how a takeover of the Titans and reintroducing the bears name, colours, emblem and continuation of the bears history helps the Titans.

#billywisdom

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  5. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,741 / 125
    Sounds like the St George take over of the.....er......merger with the Steelers. About the only thing left of the Steelers in the NRL is WIN Stadium and the fact that once in a blue moon St Merge wear a jumper that slightly resembles the old Illawarra strip.

If not for the fact that most of their players seem to live in Wollongong they might as well drop the Illawarra name.

6. Frogz

Frogz Don't mess with the goat, he has photos. Premium Member

Sydney, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,392 / 36
    Nothing will help the Titans. Every other team (any code) in the GC area has failed...bar the Gold Coa$t $un$ and thats only because of the mega dollars the AFL have to throw at teams....Apart fro Robina just about every other suburb are on holiday visas. Pack them up and p1ss them off. They are hopeless.

7. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,825 / 53
    I like the idea. It means that, in a way, the DCE backflip farked over the Bears...

• Funny Funny x 9
  8. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,338 / 60
    I love the StG Illawarra merger because it means St George no longer exists.

The team that bought 11 consecutive premierships is officially dead.

StGI have just one premiership to their name, and virtually no history or tradition.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. ManlyArmy

ManlyArmy Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +939 / 23
    Without Illawarra, the Saints are dead. There is no St George juniors in the club, they're all from the Gong

10. Pablo

Pablo Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,342 / 15
    The Gold Coast BearTits.
    Can't wait to see the cheerleaders uniforms!

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Brookie Brawler

Brookie Brawler Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +428 / 6
    It would be fun watching the bears go under for a second time

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Peter C

Peter C Well-Known Member

Sydney
    Ratings:
    +742 / 16
    The Bears can stay where they are, I'm sick of the constat talk of bringing them back in, why?, they went into receivership in 1999, yet they still blame Manly for them not being in the competition, we gave them a chance in J/V as we held the license, they then tried to have the license taken off us, fark them

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. PONTIAN SEA EAGLE

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +948 / 80
    No merger just to piss that ex bears supporter shane who calls up talkin sport & now supports Melbourne.The prick always rings & bags manly.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. BH72

BH72 Active Member

Ratings:
    +97 / 5
    Billy "QUEENSLANDER !! " Moore

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  15. SeaEagle9413

SeaEagle9413 Forward Pass

Ratings:
    +348 / 60
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Why can't they just let the Bears rest in peace.

17. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,649 / 74
    Resurrecting the Bears on the Gold Coast is as dumb an idea as resurrecting a team on the Gold Coast in the first place.

A better idea is to kill the Titans.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,338 / 60
    17% of NRL players come from NZ, yet NZ have only 6% representation in the NRL (1 team in 16). Stats like that make a pretty strong case for a Wellington team.

19. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,765 / 258
    I see in the RLW article posted on Facebook that this is almost guaranteed to now happen.

Titans to play as they are this year funded by the NRL.

And will play as the Gold Coast Bears, backed by their owned Seagulls Leagues Club ( and no doubt the NRL for a while ) in 2017.

A number of games to be played at Gosford, majority at the coast.

Interesting times indeed.

20. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,414 / 257
    He probably thinks that by combining a titan and bear it will create a more formidable creature.

• Like Like x 1