God's Country

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kevinward777

First Grader
I had never really understood the Northern Beaches always being referred to as God's Country. I mean Manly's nice and Brookvale seemed okay, but I live in the Blue Mountains and thought the tag was a tad overated. However last week I worked on site at the Anzac Village on Veterans Parade in Collaroy. I took one look out from the third floor balcony and I saw the light. F$$kin wow!

No better place in Sydney than the Northern beaches especially during perfect weather.

We are blessed in this country with some of the best coastlines in the world.

Kevinward777 said:
I had never really understood the Northern Beaches always being referred to as God's Country. I mean Manly's nice and Brookvale seemed okay, but I live in the Blue Mountains and thought the tag was a tad overated. However last week I worked on site at the Anzac Village on Veterans Parade in Collaroy. I took one look out from the third floor balcony and I saw the light. F$$kin wow!

My mum lives there in Cutler Village. she has a nice view out across Narrabeen Lakes towards Turrimetta.

And yes it is God's (Own) Country, and I'm not even religious.

It's definitely the best place in Sydney. I think our geographical location is part of why our club has so much pride and has been so successful.

Having said that I am also quite fond of the Eastern Suburbs and I've also enjoyed the few times I've ventured out to Cronulla.

Parramatta on the other hand...

Oh, I thought you were talking about qld, when I saw the title as that's what they say too.

Over here is pretty good and even thought it's one of the more expensive places in canada, everything is still a hell of a lot cheaper than aust.

oi oi oi

Kevinward777 said:
I prefer the view from the Collaroy Beach Club myself.

I went up to west head lookout last weekend. I've been up there plenty of times in my life but that views takes my breath away every time I see it.

If you ever want to seal the deal with a lady friend, the sunset from North Head during the summer is a deadset winner.

Love advice brought to you free by MWSE.

472515_565161920195522_932726774_o.jpg

There is a Brookvale based company that does acrylic and canvas printing using photos of the Australian landscape. The photos they have of the Northern Beaches are stunning and will decorate any wall to perfection. You can check them out here,

http://www.gusha.com.au/

Here are photos of one of my favourite beaches, good old Bungan.

http://www.gusha.com.au/Photos/Australia/New%20South%20Wales/Sydney/Northern%20Beaches/Bungan%20Beach/SYD2620/Horizontal

http://www.gusha.com.au/Photos/Australia/New%20South%20Wales/Sydney/Northern%20Beaches/Bungan%20Beach/SYD0962/Standard

I can think of one downside. Not being a local and paying the beach parking fee :(

Great place though and the surf is awesome.

The Manly Sea Eagles go al right too.

Yeah, I used to live around the corner from the war vets up on the Plateau ...... lovely area. There's a great spot near there called McLeans lookout. It's on Edgecliffe Boulevard, between Acacia and Aubreen Streets, the view is amazing. Still love Brookie on a sunny Sunday afternoon though!

Hey, Dee Why is nice now! The beach front has been done up, as have many of the shops on Pittwater Rd. It used to be a bit rough but have you seen it lately?

Daddycool said:
Yeah, I used to live around the corner from the war vets up on the Plateau ...... lovely area. There's a great spot near there called McLeans lookout. It's on Edgecliffe Boulevard, between Acacia and Aubreen Streets, the view is amazing. Still love Brookie on a sunny Sunday afternoon though!

What about the drive down Alexander Street towards Collaroy beach near Edgecliffe Boulevard? The drive down towards the water always mesmerises me.

Daddycool said:
Hey, Dee Why is nice now! The beach front has been done up, as have many of the shops on Pittwater Rd. It used to be a bit rough but have you seen it lately?

There are plans to modernise the urban centre of Dee Why. The artist impressions of the plans looked impressive. I received the pamphlet from the council at home (Allambie Heights) and at work (Belrose).

I have to agree with you on the beach front. I think it is impressive. It gives you something cosy to do on a weeknight with a couple of friends.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6