• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
And there is nothing else to do in Melbourne. Their one league team is fake and disgraced for cheating.

The council has stated that there is no chance of them reducing it even if they wanted to "due to regulations imposed by the government during the state's council amalgamation process."
It is more council bull****. The council argument has a problem doesn't it?, they can't do anything that may result in a financial loss, so legally they say they can't reduce the amount of the lease. I call bull ****. Hmmm a paying tenant at 220k compared to, zero dollars coming in from Brookie Oval. Now that would be creating a bigger blackhole in your sums folks.

If your worried about being accountable for the money in the bank warringah council. Wouldnt you have a much bigger problem explaining why you have caused a total loss of $375k by not negotiating a new lease with an existing tenant, as opposed to a $150k loss being a reduced profit on account of the market value a tenant is willing to pay?

I guess it all depends if Warringah Council have another sporting tenant who they are negotiating with who is willing to pay $375 a year for Brookie.

If they don't have another prospective tenant. Wouldn't this legal requirement they say they have not to loose money, actually mean they have a responsibility to take the highest lease offered for BROOKVALE OVAL?

Last edited:
Good argument. Though of course if they didn't have to keep the ground to NRL standard maybe they end up saving even more on upkeep costs, because they say ratepayers are subsidising it for over $200k even with the Sea Eagles exorbitant rent, so the dollars can't be the sole criteria.
Could be wrong but I thought the mayor wanted Manly to put something in writing, which has now happened?

Under añ existing deed of arrangement, the ground cannot be sold even if the Penns wanted to buy it.
Buying a football club is unsound economic judgement, buying Brookvale Oval is sheer stupidity

@damiennp90 @Peter C

Boys.. deadset..

Are you serious?

It was the most tongue in cheek post Iv'e made to date. Hugh Jackman? Delmege? the astute use of 'Emojis' ??
Grow a personality or grow something..
Now I've earned a real dummy spit :finger:

:peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4