Go Bolts and other footie wrap-up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fantastic Super Bowl and great to see the Mighty Dolphins are still the only side to go through a season undefeated (we just won't talk about their 1-15 result this year).

I started watching at 6am and am sorry the season is over. It wasn't a game for someone coming in to watch their first SB, but I absolutely loved it. For me the defence was incredible and dominated the whole game, so those who like watching lots of TDs would be disappointed. I was spurred by backing the scoreline @ under 53, Giants by +11.5 and taking the $4.75 win divie. I have a huge soft spot for the Pats but the Giants have played the more engrossing style, the Pats have been downright grinding, and in the end the Giants were hugely deserving winners and I was cheering for them. Having two brothers play in consecutive SBs and win them was also a highlight. I probably enjoyed this SB more than any other because of the intensity - catch the abreviated version on SBS tonight.

Had to laugh that the Pats tried to take a Patent out on the expression 19 - 0.

I supposed 1-18 doesn't have the same appeal when the Superbowl happened to be the one. (Similar sort of scenario to 83 and 95, 97 for Manly, when the clearly best team all year got pipped in the big one.

How good was that play by Manning with 45sec to play when he scrambled out of a 2 man sack and bombed upfield for 35 metres and the first down?  Surely one of the best, if not THE best, play in a SuperBowl ever?

Right up there with the Joe Montana drive than beat the Bengals in 89. 

Agreed Mata - that was a super hustle to get away from the Pats defence and the other half of that play was Tyree taking the catch between his hand and helmet. Sensational.

Two things that drive me crazy - one is saying that the SB is the WORLD championship (please!#*) and the other is now referring to all team or club achievements as being a franchise achievement. Franchise? Yep, it's all business.

Still - that was a great game.

Enjoyed the game a lot, the nerves got a work out at the end as a Pats fan but it was a great ending, Giants deserved it, I leaned towards them more and more as the week went on, they had all the momentum and  NE peaked a while ago. Oh well, much better than the last 2 or 3 Super Bowls.

The only thing driving me crazy is people saying it's too slow but will sit and watch 5 days of cricket with a commercial after every over, like watching both myself.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4