Go Bolts and other footie wrap-up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
Bolts = San Diego Chargers. May be the last chance I get to write that this year. I have taken the $5.12 divie offered by Centrebet so it really looks like a longshot that they will progress after tomorrow morning. But I have faith!

Watched the Green Bay Cheeseheads belt the Sea Hawks after a disastrous start that saw them 14 pts down after 4 mins. They are a huge chance this year. The game started in light snow and got heavier until I declared it a blizzard at the start of the 2nd half. Fantastic to watch. Pats got up over the Jags with Brady throwing almost a perfect game, but overall they didn't look as impressive.

Also caught the second half of ManU giving it to Newcastle 6-0. I know the Toons are down but a new coach usually causes a sharp rise in form but the damn Reds were absolutely on fire. If they keep that up they will go close to winning everything. The gunners stumbled for only a draw.

That's it from the o/s sports desk for this Sunday.

Yeah, i caught both NFL games your talking about. I can't believe they were playing in that snow at green bay. That was kind of cool.

The pats look hard to beat. Brady was sensational this morning. I'm with you that green bay look a good outside chance.

As much as it hurts a Vikings fan to say it, I wish the cheeseheads well this year. We can't have those dirty Patriots matching the incredible deeds of the mighty 1973 Fins.

Well after a 5.00 am cuppa coffee and an incredible amount of stress and no fingernails, the Brilliant Bolts finished in front of the reigning Superbowl champs Colts at Indie's home ground to advance against the Pats. We lost LT (LaDainian Tomlinson), the NFL's leading rusher and our main strike weapon in the first quarter with injury, lost our starting QB for the last quarter, the lead changed 6 times in the second half and somehow we finished in front. Now to check my online bookie account following a great piece of loyalty! :)

The day just got better. Just finished watching the Giants defeat Dallas. Time to skite, I had Chargers all up into Giants @ $17.92. How sweet it is.

This weekend I predict that both Pats and Packers will start at about $1.15 each and realistically it is hard to see them getting rolled. Chargers have the best chance but it is going to be tough.

New England Patriots vs San Diego Chargers @ NE for the AFC title.
Green Bay Packers vs New York Giants @ GB for the NFC title. Both play on Sunday (Monday our time)
Winners of both games play for the Super Bowl on Sunday Feb 3rd (our 4th). We just about always got the SB on the Australia Day Monday holiday - but not any more.

Chargers have no chance next week :naughty:

Patriots - Giants Super Bowl.

Would have been OK to see Favre get another chance at a ring before he retired but eveyrthing is pointing to him going around again next season so he can wait.

Would have been OK to see Favre get another chance at a ring before he retired but eveyrthing is pointing to him going around again next season so he can wait.

You think the Giants can win at Lambeau Field?????

I agree Mata. GB were the most impressive of the four games and completely dominated after having an awful 4 minute start. I will be astonished if they aren't in the SB.

I should add that outside of QBs, Atari Bigby was the most dominant player as far as results went all weekend. One of the best safety efforts I have seen and knocked down everything including receivers all game. If he is like that this weekend I give the Giants no hope.
http://www.packers.com/team/players/bigby_atari/

I'd love to see packers V Pats and green bay win for brett favre.... he is all class that bloke.

I think that would be a top clash.

[quote author=SilentBob]

You think the Giants can win at Lambeau Field?????

[/quote]

No real reason for tipping the Giants, they're not as good at the moment and have injuries, but I'm going for the underdog anyway, gut instinct more than anything.

When is the superbowl?
I'm hoping to get foxtel in the next couple of weeks & haven't seen NFL since the old Don Lane ABC days.
Go Bengals & Packers !!!!!

Likely to be the Packers v New England (with the Pats screaming favourites) if you go by form.

Superbowl is in a fortnight - Feb 4 I think.

Cheers CW. That'll be cutting it close, I may have to wait for next year.
Oh well, go Green Bay anyway.

ManlyBacker link said:
Winners of both games play for the Super Bowl on Sunday Feb 3rd (our 4th).
I guess no one reads anymore.
As far as I can tell it kicks off at 6.30pm in Arizona which makes it 12.30pm on our Monday.

Well done to SilentBob who gets the Super Bowl he wanted.

The Green Bay / Giants game was absolutely fantastic. They played it in -20 degrees and a windchill that made it -31, the 3rd coldest NFL game on record! Despite that both teams were fantastic with long conversions. Green Bay were way off how they were last week while the Giants kept plugging away against Favre and blew 2 chances to win with FGs, then finally got one in O/T.

The other game was a snoozefest. The Charger's QB Rivers was on one leg the whole game and failed to convert any 10 and goals. Brady was rattled and threw interceptions but in the end they played high percentage footie and ground out a solid, if unspectacular, win. Congrats to the Pats for an 18-0 record.

SB looks like a terrific game. New England has always been my second team after having worked in New Hampshire for 10 years, but I like the way the Giants are playing so it is going to be a hard call this year. Take Monday 4th of Feb off, get some Sam Adams in and fill some hotdog rolls with onion, cheese, sauce and your sausage of choice. It should be a great one.

One of those games when you hope both sides lose.  Remember that SB involving the Giants against the hapless Bills where they won with a pug called Hostettler at QB?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6