Gloves off

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mortimer has been shuffled between wing, centre and very occasionally been given a go in the halves this year. He played primarily for Belrose (who were very good for parts of the year, and bog ordinary towards the end) and got the occasional go for Prems. I can't say that I honestly see him as a future first grader unfortunately.

Yep, Mata saw him play once. I think the club will struggle for a half if The Ox gets injured.

Halden would be a decent stop-gap measure if we had a dominant 5/8, but at the moment Jamie Lyon isn't there yet.

He hasn't even come close to developing something that resembles a kicking game...so with Ox out the team's kicking game goes...where?

Ballin can kick out of dummy-half, Halden is a utility.

I'll be honest, I have a lot of concerns over how the team will function if Ox misses any football - unless there is a gun Flegg player who Darren has been hiding from us all....

I don't know how much of Halden you guys saw after he went back down to PL but he looked like a changed man. His first grade experience really seemed to bring his game on & with a decent off-season on top of his experience, I think he'll be quite a good fill in should Ox be unavailable.
He was able to tear PL teams apart later in the season which to me says he should at least hold his own in firsts.
Remember as well that although Lyon has the 6 on his back, Beaver, Stewy & at times others also run plays & act as alternate kickers.
Maybe not a traditional solution but with the right plans it could be made to work to our advantage.

Despite the love affair that the media has with Inglis, it was Smith who tore us apart in the GF. Ballin showed enough this year to suggest he has huge potential. He attracts defenders and has excellent service.

As well as Monas played in the Semi series, I am willing to go on record as saying that Manly will be stronger with Ballin than with Monaghan. Early prediction!!! (Ignore that my last big prediction was about how good Ashley Alberts was going to be. :lol: )

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6