1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gloves off

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Matabele, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    The person who does need to take the gloves off, because they're a little soiled by now, is site favourite and EX-Manly player ( :yeah: ) Michael Monaghan.

I was astounded to read in last week's press that "Max Delmege had a lot to do with keeping me at the club and I want to play well in the Grand Final to repay him".

How's that for a parting shot from Captain Coil - can someone please tell him that he's playing for the maroon and white jersey with a sea eagle over his left tit and his team mates, not some wealthy benefactor who disastrously meddled in management affairs two years ago?

2. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    I thought Monas was playing for Sophie, or was it, like Sophie.

3. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    The club tried to screw him over and over.

He repaid them 10 fold by playing the best footy of his career, also to be regarded by many experts as one of the clubs best players. The club and supporters can't ask for more.

4. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    The club did not screw him over.

They simply told them his services were not required any longer (and his contract had expired).

His response was to go squealing to Max and the media, playing a political game to get himself re-instated. The ramifications of that disloyalty have been to the club's detriment for the past two years.

5. KaZa

KaZa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 20
    whats your point Mata? he tried his best.. he made like 50 tackles.. not his fault his forwards got steamrolled.

6. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    The club also tried to shop him around 2 years in a row in the off season. :naughty:

7. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    His motives sucked.

8. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    read my lips:

his most recent contract was signed with one party under duress. it therefore stands to reason that they would try to find a party that would take it over whilst not under duress.

9. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    The question remains whether Des will run with Matt Ballin or Heath Lestrange next season?

10. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    I would say both would be in the 17, wouldn't you Flip?

:straight bat:

11. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    I'd bet Heath will get the run on role. He has far more 1st grade experience.

12. Stuey Davis Socks

Stuey Davis Socks Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +179 / 3
    Does he have any sort of kicking game Flip? I've haven't seen much of him.

13. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    Its just a gee-up SDS, I would love to actually see Ballin get the run on role, just trying to antagonise Mata, all to no avail.

Heath is the roosters hooker. As for who will be choosen its a toss of the coin from an outsiders view, for mine Ballin has outclassed monaghan in every game he's played.

14. Stuey Davis Socks

Stuey Davis Socks Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +179 / 3
    Yeah I did the same thing in another thread with no result. I'm predicting Ballin will have a huge year in 07/08. He just needs consecutive games under his belt to work up his combinations and get his team mates used to the crisp way he plays. Ballin will need to work on his kicking game though if he wants to be a more complete player.

I do want to know if L'Strange has a kicking game though, in all seriousness. You never know how much game time he might be getting in '08 with injuries etc.

I know Heath's backgrou

15. Stevie

Stevie Active Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0
    The One Burning thing I wanna Know is if Mr Violet Crumble (Orford) gets injured , whos gonna play Half back ?? Clint Halden ? (gimme a Break)

16. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    So Steve, you're saying it's okay that we buggered up virtually every touch of the ball this season so we could keep our back-up half happy?

17. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    If only Mata could have been at the presentation night, to see Monas receive the largest standing ovation of the night for the CLUBMAN of the year award.

He was also 2nd in player of the year. Behind joint winners Choc and Stewy.

Mata would have also enjoyed the 15 minute tribute video of Monas. Maybe not as much as the 400+ guests though ;)

18. Stevie

Stevie Active Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0
    Mata my Question has nothing to do with Mona's leaving , Its about letting our 2 back up Halves leave the Club & about Depth , How many games Orford Miss this year ?
    what do we do if it Happens again ?

19. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Stevie, I'm pretty sure I've seen tape of a very good half back playing Flegg for us on this site. Maybe if Des has some vision he could bring him on sooner, rather than later, as has been the case with Ballin.

20. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    I may of been Groom if so he was sold to the Bullwogs