• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Daveagle said:
Grade 1 at worst , early plea no time .

Unless of course there is a media circus about it

Not so sure. Triple M - including Harrigan - were suggesting that tackle gets a week at the very least. I'm hoping for a Barry Hall-like GF plea, like in 2005 with the Swans.

simon_eagle said:
Daveagle said:

Not so sure. Triple M - including Harrigan - were suggesting that tackle gets a week at the very least. I'm hoping for a Barry Hall-like GF plea, like in 2005 with the Swans.

channel nein didn't talk much about it after it happened or at the end. It took the wash up discussion to bring it out. Gus mentioned the clean record and didn't think it would come to much

simon_eagle said:
Daveagle said:

As I said , the start of trial by media begins .
Harrigan is a knob with an axe to grind

No way is that tackle worth a week! Barely brushed his chin & Burgess was falling rapidly at the time.

I don't think he'll have much drama over it. But it did do one thing, Sam Burgess was pretty quiet after that other than the odd desperation tackle.

Mals said:
No way is that tackle worth a week! Barely brushed his chin & Burgess was falling rapidly at the time.

Agreed. Initial point of contact was Burgess' shoulder into Glenn's armpit and then slid own his arm to the elbow which ended up as a swinging arm. In normal speed, it just looks like a normal tackle but Burgess milks it by staying down so they look at it in slow motion and different angles. If it had been a Manly player hit in that tackle, we would have just jumped up and played the ball.

I have seen players charged for that this year but no points should be in his favour

Remembering back to 2011 and Tony Williams tackle was worse and he got to play, and the media tried to stitch Matai up with a terrible charge as well for dropping knees

All the media that I managed to hear, above numerous renditions of Eagle Rock at the ground :), clear him.

The man was falling due to another Manly Player who initiated the tackle - just a clip, is all the Radio Stations were saying :angel:

Plus where would a Manly GF be, without controversy and worry for we Fans to stress over for 9 days? :p

C'arn the Knights - 1997 Payback time:exclamation:

Burgess was falling in the tackle so surely grade 1 at worse. There was no intent in the tackle.

But there us the manly loading. Plus it was on a souffs player so more loading.

Kiwi Eagle said:
I have seen players charged for that this year but no points should be in his favour

Remembering back to 2011 and Tony Williams tackle was worse and he got to play, and the media tried to stitch Matai up with a terrible charge as well for dropping knees

That Williams tackle was shocking. I thought we got off lightly with that one.

Glenn's tackle looked like a grade 1 careless. I hope that means that he will be free to play next week.

I reckon he'll be right.

Sam stayed down to ensure the penalty but I think I heard the on field refs had already called it for a high one.

Slight love tap only and he'll be rearing to go....hopefully with a better start, next Sunday.

Why didn't the on-field ref just blow a penalty when it first happened? That would have then been the end of it, would it not?

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Why didn't the on-field ref just blow a penalty when it first happened? That would have then been the end of it, would it not?

Players can still get charged even if they're not put on report during the game.

Glenn could away without being charged but worse case scenario is that he gets hit with grade 1 careless. I think with an early plea he would be able to play next week.

Pittwater Legend said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:

Players can still get charged even if they're not put on report during the game.

Glenn could away without being charged but worse case scenario is that he gets hit with grade 1 careless. I think with an early plea he would be able to play next week.
True they can get charged even if they are not penalised on field, however if samantha hadn't stayed down milking it there would have been no discussion. Typical souffs diving. You see heaps of these tackles every week but most players don't milk it. This sort of thing is why souffs don't deserve to win games

globaleagle said:
I reckon he'll be right.

Sam stayed down to ensure the penalty but I think I heard the on field refs had already called it for a high one.

Slight love tap only and he'll be rearing to go....hopefully with a better start, next Sunday.

The ref only called high because Sam Burgess stayed down to milk a penalty and of course it worked as usual just like his brother did earlier this year against Skivvy.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4