Glenn Stewart Released

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Watched a few of Glenn's games for the Catalans. Made some mistakes, but he still has the skills. Seems free of injury. I wouldnt be upset if he got a one year contract back with the Eagles. We need a good ball player in the forwards. That would further take the pressure of DCE, with virtually two 5/8s on the field.

• 📚
Reactions: Rex
Fair enough mate. I'm a bit of a stickler when it comes to our past players (mostly). I do have a tendency to defend them to the hilt. I just can't bring myself to think Brett would give anything but 100%.

That said, "something" was wrong to be sure, but for mine, it was that he had a knee "cleaned out" yet was back there playing weeks after - yuck. I'd be a dead set cripple.

I understand where you're coming from (and others) though. I will only ever hold that man on a pedestal - these guys playing footy over the past half a decade got me through some pretty rough times in life.

That's why footy is more than just that (for me). It's a release. It's entertainment, and something to get your mind off the tougher things that hit you sometimes. Brett had a part in that, so he'll have my support until the day he kicks the bucket.

I understand that, and it's with a heavy heart that I have that attitude.

If only he'd have said " sorry guys injury means I can't compete as I used to anymore OR until it's fixed, I'd then be supporting him 110%.

But he didn't , and therin lies the issue.

Watched a few of Glenn's games for the Catalans. Made some mistakes, but he still has the skills. Seems free of injury. I wouldnt be upset if he got a one year contract back with the Eagles. We need a good ball player in the forwards. That would further take the pressure of DCE, with virtually two 5/8s on the field.

At the right price I could live with that , might also make Brett happy again @Ryan

Get him back at Manly as a trainer/coach. He is the sort of Manly great that we need running the drinks on the field. Would be good to see him involved at Manly in the future. Would help settle some of the conflict that erupted in the last couple of years.

Get him back at Manly as a trainer/coach. He is the sort of Manly great that we need running the drinks on the field. Would be good to see him involved at Manly in the future. Would help settle some of the conflict that erupted in the last couple of years.
Not sure any of the playing roster there now played with him and the main one that did isn't on the best of terms with

Glenn wasn't even up to NRL standard his last year with us. That's not a knock on him, it's just a fact. He broke down and that was that. Doesn't take away from what he did for us before that point though.

But long story short, anyone thinking "if he's fit then one last year" is a good idea is mad.

I would love to see Glenn back. After all he never said anything publicly about Manly after he was forced to leave, not like Watmough and Foran. It would be great to have one last season with our champs- Skivvy, Brett and Glenn. Wouldn't it be lovely if they could contribute one last season to a great season next year and help our young players in the process.
And wouldn't it be terrible if they all finished up with season ending injuries after about 8 rounds? It's time to move on.

I doubt that at his age and after a season in ESL Glen is anywhere near an 80min NRL player. The reduced interchange effectively rules out any crazy thought I may have had for a sentimental return.

Not having inside info on anything happening at the club I'm prepared to put down Snake's bad performances due to injury. I don't understand why some people have decided they can read his mind and judge him as disinterested when in truth we don't know what he's thinking. I'd imagine it would be very disheartening going from club favourite to whipping boy due to a form drop. He seems very encouraging and supportive of young Tom.
If Glenn was on the cheap and if signing him could play some slight gesture towards mending some ill feelings from the past I'd support it.
The last couple of years at our club have been pretty horrible. I hope it can mend.

Not having inside info on anything happening at the club I'm prepared to put down Snake's bad performances due to injury. I don't understand why some people have decided they can read his mind and judge him as disinterested when in truth we don't know what he's thinking. I'd imagine it would be very disheartening going from club favourite to whipping boy due to a form drop. He seems very encouraging and supportive of young Tom.
If Glenn was on the cheap and if signing him could play some slight gesture towards mending some ill feelings from the past I'd support it.
The last couple of years at our club have been pretty horrible. I hope it can mend.

My heart is with you, but my head ....

Glenn clocked up 61 games in his last 4 years of NRL, 2 years on that will be worse. Would need to be dirt cheap

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4