Glenn Stewart - for or against

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
lsz said:
About as constructive and useful as saying : 1947 should they go or stay?

Go - has been stifling our board for months, whenever he is on he crabs sideways with predictable posts and doesn't allow enough time for the creative genius of posters like voicefromthehill. ;)

Gifty is a pivotal part of the team and hes been getting his match fitness slowly but surely.

I agree with the call that Gifty needs to be used differently and we must have T Red in the side as he brings go forward and energy.

Other teams have figured out our right side attack which is lacking Brett and it means that the X factor is missing, teams defending us know how to defend out attack by sliding, we miss the inside passes that Brett takes and puts the defence in 2 minds.

Gift is a Manly legend but even the best players can fall out of form, a week in reggies could ignite a fire in his belly and he could come back better then ever. All i know is we cant keep trotting out the same tactics that are clearly not working, Symonds and Hasson need way more game time.

In. Both in the NRL side and as Silvertails whipping boy for 2013

There are 2 sides of the game, and while his attack may not be firing like it once was, his defence is still 1st class and without his defence we lose that game down in Melbourne

There is a coaching confusion going on. Our attack sucks.
Joey is coaching the halves, but this leaves out Gifty who thinks he's one of them.

To break the 'crab crab crab' cycle, if Gifty wishes to remain in 1st grade, should be switched to the LEFT hand side, and can job share with Choc. The pair of them need to work on discipline, when to pass, when not.

Symonds, Faoso to share the straight running right side.
This will make more room for Jamie Lyon, Wolfy.

We absolutely NEED these things to happen. We also NEED Snake to come back asap, and he will also need some bench time, as after this injury break, he also, will not be fully fit.

If no changes are made we will not even make the top 4, and all you dreamers out there can forget about a premiership for years.

g'day all,Surely the only things that determine whether a player is playing first grade is form and is he the best option for the team,not who he is(how many of us got the tom tits seeing tony williams picked each week),or was.Personally i think toms talent is being wasted and his form before glen came back was good enough to have earnt his spot and that the real issue is glen proving he deserves the position through form on the field which i dont think he is.
cheers mike

Absolutely in, no question. His presence as a leader on the field is crucial. He's obviously not 100% fit and like Choc is running too sideways, too much but we still need him.

Had a broken finger which kept him out of the loop for the start of last year, had an indifferent remainder of the season and was noticeably poor in the 3 finals games.

So I guess you can say his value has been limited for all of this year and all of last year.

He will come good, but has been struggling for a long, long time.

Additionally, Tom Symonds was setting the world on fire in Gifts absence. We need to figure out how to work him into the mix.

he has been a passenger since his return from injury, Back to the Bench Symonds who should have kept his place in the 13 in the first place to start.

Thought he did ok tonight.

Lawrence needs to pull his head outta his butt.

Symonds needs more game time.

Glen is a champion and I won't be knocking him. I agree, however, that Symonds must get more game time - at least 40-50 minutes a game.

How we achieve that is the big question.

Symonds needs to start it is that simple thought our bench got us back in game. Gifty well seems not suit our play now, do we won't to be like saints who went too many years with the success of cooper to Morris shifts that now is stale and very predictable.
Tough decisions need to be made by toovs, our halfs got us back into that game as well as buhrer and tommy symonds.

I love Gift. In no way am I knocking Gift.

Gift to bench for the time being until he finds his way back in to win us matches. TRed in.

He needs to use middle of field a lot more, watch footage last year he had most of his success here linking with bear in mind snake and foz he needs to straighten when looking to link on killer s side.
Tom symonds .....at waste on bench.

This is a FULL CRAP and nightmare post. Who started it? Ban that poster. Glenn is a massive Manly legend who has had injuries and lost form. Pull your multiple heads in and show some respect. Glenn Stewart deserves immortal levels of respect at Manly for what he has done and who he is. He also has a brother who he has combined with on many many occasions to win game after game for us. Again I say, pull your head(s) in and show respect.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7