Glenn Lazarus

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Blowfly

Reserve Grader
Did anyone hear Glenn Lazarus on Triple M NRL in the Grand Final build up?

Great interview with a rugby league legend but one thing in particular struck me in the chat.

Lazzo was asked if he had any interest in a role within the NRL and he revealed he would love to have a role within a club.

My immediate thought was he would be wonderful for Manly in a few ways. Irrespective of what you think of him after a stint in politics, he strikes me as an intelligent man with a great deal to offer.

He clearly understands the game, is a proven winner and knows what it takes to make a club successful PLUS he also has contacts in politics which might be advantageous for our seemingly never-ending quest to redevelop Brookvale Oval.

Just a thought and we can, and have, done a lot worse. I know it's a pipe dream because he might threaten the ivory tower that a few certain people sit in but I for one would support the idea of getting Lazzo onboard at Manly.

Did anyone hear Glenn Lazarus on Triple M NRL in the Grand Final build up?

Great interview with a rugby league legend but one thing in particular struck me in the chat.

Lazzo was asked if he had any interest in a role within the NRL and he revealed he would love to have a role within a club.

My immediate thought was he would be wonderful for Manly in a few ways. Irrespective of what you think of him after a stint in politics, he strikes me as an intelligent man with a great deal to offer.

He clearly understands the game, is a proven winner and knows what it takes to make a club successful PLUS he also has contacts in politics which might be advantageous for our seemingly never-ending quest to redevelop Brookvale Oval.

Just a thought and we can, and have, done a lot worse. I know it's a pipe dream because he might threaten the ivory tower that a few certain people sit in but I for one would support the idea of getting Lazzo onboard at Manly.
Your point about a proven winner is spot on and he really seemed to miss the team environment.
Actually thought he was doing something in this regard with the broncos a few years ago but he made no mention of it.

When I saw the Brick's name, I thought he was coming out of retirement to play for Manly. And in the process show those young 'uns, Nate and Greg, how to contribute to the team.

I'm sure he'd jump at the chance to throw in the Qld origin gig to come here and learn from Barrett.

He doesn't have to throw it in if he's an assistant.

He was helping out Brisbane last year so no reason why he can't help us out especially as he's after a gig as an assistant.

Plus there's a chance he can take over from him if Barrett fails.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4