Glen Stewart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
ME you have to understand gifty's role in the team. He plays as another ball player.

You can't judge the players and their positions based on the classic traditional way the positions have been played.
The game is currently going through another evolution

Those criticising Choc's form aren't using their brains. He is playing much closer to the ruck this year, rather than on the edges. He is also defending closer in. The centre of our ruck and our left edge has been more potent this year, in association with Foran.

Choc was not picked as he has reportedly 'played up' in Origin and Australian camps, leading some to question his worth to the whole squad.

fLIP said:
Whats wrong with picking Hornby and Soward?

Are they not the best tried and tested combo NSW could field.

The are accustomed to the game style needed to beat QLD imo.

thats too logical , they would rather a half back from a team mid table :huh:

I agree The Eagle. He should be picked but the Tele ran a nice 'anti-Choc' campaign and his notable incident this year reinforced the dross they printed.

swoop said:
Daniel said:
Masked Eagle said:
Choc has been better than Gift this year.

You must be watching a different set of games than me. Fifty has been instrumental in nearly all our wins

I agree Daniel, Choc's been going alright but not at devestating as he used to be. Listening to the commentators last week that they think Des is using him more in the middle of the ruck and not as a wide runner.
I think choc only dropped one ball last week! just saying.

NSW should only pick players under 27 for the three games this year and at least have something to build on for two years time when we might actually be competitive again.

jjai said:
fLIP said:
Whats wrong with picking Hornby and Soward?

Are they not the best tried and tested combo NSW could field.

The are accustomed to the game style needed to beat QLD imo.

thats too logical , they would rather a half back from a team mid table :huh:

sorry KE i didnt see what you wrote regarding hornby..

Daniel said:
ME you have to understand gifty's role in the team. He plays as another ball player.

You can't judge the players and their positions based on the classic traditional way the positions have been played.
The game is currently going through another evolution

I fullly understand his role in the team. He has always been that option for us and his combination with Lyon has been crucial to us for years, Lyon has been largly ineffectual this year in comparison to previous years and some (not all) of that has been due to how the ball has been getting to him. Gift has had some great games, but he's also had a few quiet ones. I stand by my comment that Choc has had a better year this year in terms of output and consistency. Thats not to down play Gifts impact but more to praise how Choc has gone.

Canteen Worker said:
I agree The Eagle. He should be picked but the Tele ran a nice 'anti-Choc' campaign and his notable incident this year reinforced the dross they printed.

you mean shane

Masked Eagle said:
Lyon has been largly ineffectual this year in comparison to previous years

Sorry but imo Lyon has been going very well, he was a bit down on form in his first game or so back from his ankle injury but in the last few weeks has really stood up.

Utility Player said:
Masked Eagle said:
Lyon has been largly ineffectual this year in comparison to previous years

Sorry but imo Lyon has been going very well, he was a bit down on form in his first game or so back from his ankle injury but in the last few weeks has really stood up.

So you are saying Lyon has played as good this year as last year? The game against the Raiders was easily his best of the year and we are in round 10, this time last year he arguably had 6 man of the matches and easily the form centre of the comp, if not one of the form players.

He is yet to play round 10 and missed 2 games so has only played in 7 thus far.

In two of these he went off early with injury. Given he is not in the stella form of last year but hardly ineffectual.

Utility Player said:
He is yet to play round 10 and missed 2 games so has only played in 7 thus far.

In two of these he went off early with injury. Given he is not in the stella form of last year but hardly ineffectual.

Hardly "going very well" either. Maybe a compromise is "going well, considering'.

Glen Stewart has struggled the week at training. Does anyone know if he is right tonight ? Harrison was pulled out of NSW Cup on Sat to cover for him.

A strange game from Glenn tonight as he said in his MOM interview "i don't know how you picked this" he was very predictable and needed his bro running off him.
He needs to go back to his straight running game with the jink and pass thrown in every now and then, having said that he got through a heap of work and love watching the bloke, he was very cranky too which i liked.

Yeah I was very surprised that Gift got MOM I thought his game was down tonight as was most of the team. I would've given it to Choc or Foran I thought they were the best.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6