Glen recruitment the board

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The only problem I can see with the NRL providing a scale of valuations is that you will have a situation where a club is prepared to pay "overs" for a player who may have a much lower valuation placed upon him by the NRL.
One example of this is Parra, they signed Hopoate on a supposed $800,000 contract, at that stage he had only played one S of O game, so his valuation by the NRL would have been a lot lower than the money Parra were prepared to pay him to get him away from a team that just won the Grand Final to go to a wooden spoon side.

Central Coast Eagle said:
If you haven't played rep football for two years are you still considered a rep player?

These are the aspects that weighting would take care of.

It would not be hard to do and would make valuations for Salary Cap purposes objective.

There is a finite set of attributes that are quantifiable - like rep games played, first grade games played, length at Club etc.

Then the intangibles like Media Profile - SBW, Folau - can be debated.

Clubs could still pay Hopa overs, but the negotiators of his next contract would know what his minimum value on the Salary Cap ledger is.

Manly did approach the NRL to negotiate the gap between the NRL's valuation of Gifty and Gifty's Managers offer. They were knocked back.
Same thing happened with Parra and Folau. :dodgy:

HappilyManly said:
TokyoEagle said:
Why do the NRL get to dictate how much a player is worth? I f Glenn, or Choc, or even SBW want to play for peanuts, as long as they are only getting peanuts, it has nothing to do with the NRL, IMO.

The Salary Cap would not work if a Club can value their star like the Rorters seem to be able to do :dodgy:

The RLPA need to get the NRL to publish a scale of valuations, so that everybody knows how the dollar amount is arrived at by the NRL.

*Points weighted for being a Kangaroo Rep, reducing down to points for being a City/Country Rep
*Points weighted for being a positional Award player - Dally M, Golden Boot, Rep PLayer
*Concession points for being a local Junior
*Concession points for being a 5 year plus club man
etc

If a player is willing to accept $1 for his services, and only receives $1, that is between him and the club. If he is signed on for $1 and is getting $500,000, that is a different thing.

By applying a value they are ensuring clubs can't stack the sides regardless of third party payments because you can't pay people less than what they are deemed to be worth.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2