Glen Hall

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
byso said:
I bet it would be great playing golf with some of these posters, with their Magic pencils.

Agreed.

jbb/james said:
When you look at what Hall did in perspective to the game/environment he is involved in , its a consistent acceptable behavior pattern, and I don't think he should carry the can for every other wanker that s**t on sacred traditions, and setting the bar lower before he was old enough to hold a footy

I cant believe Hall is being held accountable for this by some. If the ref had done his job, hall would be laughed at by all.

When Greg Hartley allowed Manly to score on the 7th tackle, was it Manlys fault, should they have forfetied, should the kicker have said, time out time out, we have already had 6 tackles , give it to parra for a scrum. Greg hartley has carried the can ever since and the Manly team went on to win the GF. Was the kicker labelled a cheat or a scummy dog because he played on

If you cant draw any comparisms to that incident, then obviously its all about the rant and not common sense

1) His actions - his accountability. I can easily hold him accountable for his diving.

2) No, I cant draw comparisons to that incident. In one, an opposition player deliberately dives to the ground to prevent the other team from scoring, in the other the referee made a mistake. Manly had not tried to do anything illegal. If Manly players were all shouting numbers at the ref in an attempt to confuse him you may have a case.

edit: I will add that I think there's always going to be 2 schools of thought here. btw suncorp = lang park!

edit edit: Plus we could spend years going through all the different incidents, and it's too hot over here.

byso said:
I bet it would be great playing golf with some of these posters, with their Magic pencils.

Agreed.

jbb/james said:
When you look at what Hall did in perspective to the game/environment he is involved in , its a consistent acceptable behavior pattern, and I don't think he should carry the can for every other wanker that s**t on sacred traditions, and setting the bar lower before he was old enough to hold a footy

I cant believe Hall is being held accountable for this by some. If the ref had done his job, hall would be laughed at by all.

When Greg Hartley allowed Manly to score on the 7th tackle, was it Manlys fault, should they have forfetied, should the kicker have said, time out time out, we have already had 6 tackles , give it to parra for a scrum. Greg hartley has carried the can ever since and the Manly team went on to win the GF. Was the kicker labelled a cheat or a scummy dog because he played on

If you cant draw any comparisms to that incident, then obviously its all about the rant and not common sense

1) His actions - his accountability. I can easily hold him accountable for his diving.

2) No, I cant draw comparisons to that incident. In one, an opposition player deliberately dives to the ground to prevent the other team from scoring, in the other the referee made a mistake. Manly had not tried to do anything illegal. If Manly players were all shouting numbers at the ref in an attempt to confuse him you may have a case.

edit: I will add that I think there's always going to be 2 schools of thought here. btw suncorp = lang park!

edit edit: Plus we could spend years going through all the different incidents, and it's too hot over here.

globaleagle said:
byso said:

Agreed.

jbb/james said:

Halls action = him being on the floor nothing else,

video ref action = obstruction rule, No try

Ref made the error, glen Hall does not have the whistle,

In the scheme of things if Hall carries the can then going forward there is nothing for the NRL to address except diving, and the obstruction rule is in good hands and being applied well

I just had another look at the incident and Hall does not approach the ref to imply obstruction, which you would thing would be part of his elaborate plan. He just stays down on all fours and hangs his head. Not the body Language of a cheat

globaleagle said:
byso said:

Agreed.

jbb/james said:

Halls action = him being on the floor nothing else,

video ref action = obstruction rule, No try

Ref made the error, glen Hall does not have the whistle,

In the scheme of things if Hall carries the can then going forward there is nothing for the NRL to address except diving, and the obstruction rule is in good hands and being applied well

I just had another look at the incident and Hall does not approach the ref to imply obstruction, which you would thing would be part of his elaborate plan. He just stays down on all fours and hangs his head. Not the body Language of a cheat

Hall didnt need to, one of his cowgirl mates was waving his arms and making plenty of noise and Hall would have heard that easily

Hall didnt need to, one of his cowgirl mates was waving his arms and making plenty of noise and Hall would have heard that easily

Ok, im going out on a limb in this environment, but after looking at the incident a few more times, in the light of day, my conclusion is

Glen hall did in fact dive, but he did so to avoid contact with watters and for no other reason. The direction he was travelling etc, watters angle. Its all there if you think about a game situation

Take from that what you will

Ok, im going out on a limb in this environment, but after looking at the incident a few more times, in the light of day, my conclusion is

Glen hall did in fact dive, but he did so to avoid contact with watters and for no other reason. The direction he was travelling etc, watters angle. Its all there if you think about a game situation

Take from that what you will

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
Wolfpack said:
You people need to stop being so sensitive, he was just doing whatever he could to try & get his team the win. It's Rugby League, not golf.

Blame the refs for being such incompetant assclowns, not Hally.
Ha ha ha wolfpack spoken like a true man u supporter.Give him a break guys
what player with the ball doesn't try to milk penalties these days.

Gonna have to draw the line there, mate. I wouldn't be caught dead supporting Man Spew. UTB.

I just think that people are being a bit precious about the whole thing. Yes, it was against the rules & in poor taste, but there are numerous incidents like that over the course of the game, people are just picking on this one because the video ref stuffed up a call involving it.

It's not like Hally was ever the cleanest player even when he was with us. Rugby League is a rough, harsh game & incidents like the Hall dive are just part of the game. He didn't hurt anyone by taking the dive, just showed up the video ref to be an utter mong. If anything, Hally should be congratulated for his efforts in getting these fraudulent refs out of the NRL, if only for a week or two.

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
Wolfpack said:
You people need to stop being so sensitive, he was just doing whatever he could to try & get his team the win. It's Rugby League, not golf.

Blame the refs for being such incompetant assclowns, not Hally.
Ha ha ha wolfpack spoken like a true man u supporter.Give him a break guys
what player with the ball doesn't try to milk penalties these days.

Gonna have to draw the line there, mate. I wouldn't be caught dead supporting Man Spew. UTB.

I just think that people are being a bit precious about the whole thing. Yes, it was against the rules & in poor taste, but there are numerous incidents like that over the course of the game, people are just picking on this one because the video ref stuffed up a call involving it.

It's not like Hally was ever the cleanest player even when he was with us. Rugby League is a rough, harsh game & incidents like the Hall dive are just part of the game. He didn't hurt anyone by taking the dive, just showed up the video ref to be an utter mong. If anything, Hally should be congratulated for his efforts in getting these fraudulent refs out of the NRL, if only for a week or two.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2