Glen Hall

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Wolfpack said:
Ralphie said:
Wolfpack said:
You people need to stop being so sensitive, he was just doing whatever he could to try & get his team the win. It's Rugby League, not golf.

Blame the refs for being such incompetant assclowns, not Hally.

Wrong, it was disgraceful sportsmanship.

So do you think Robbie Farrah has good sportsmanship as the king of the dives? If you do I would suggest you are the only one I know of.

They play the game to win, sportsmanship doesn't come in to it. If a player can save his team a try (& possibly 2 crucial competition points) by taking a dive then I'd say that just about every bloke in the comp would do it. I also doubt that you'd find any Manly players crying foul over Hall's dive.

nah, just the coach at the press conference.

Some here think it's poor form to bash hall who played for us.

As far as I'm concerned, I don't carry over any warm and fuzzy feelings when an ex player lines up against us so I'll bag his sportsmanship without any misplaced residual guilt.

I find bad sportsmanship a lack of good character. Just like that swimmer who admits he cheated to win gold but 'so what.'

Understanding that some of you think 'sports'manship have no place in 'sports' (?) but I'm happy I'm wired to still be tied into old out dated adages such as, well sportsmanship, honour, and integrity.

If I didn't want to see any of that, I could watch soccer and it's diving.:p

The new commission has to be serious about cleaning this aspect up and I'd say it's a professional foul, try gets awarded and 2 mins in the bin for 'fibbing.' (that's right, 2, not 10.) - and mouth washed out with soap.

PS - I like golf.

Wolfpack said:
Ralphie said:
Wolfpack said:
You people need to stop being so sensitive, he was just doing whatever he could to try & get his team the win. It's Rugby League, not golf.

So do you think Robbie Farrah has good sportsmanship as the king of the dives? If you do I would suggest you are the only one I know of.

They play the game to win, sportsmanship doesn't come in to it. If a player can save his team a try (& possibly 2 crucial competition points) by taking a dive then I'd say that just about every bloke in the comp would do it. I also doubt that you'd find any Manly players crying foul over Hall's dive.

nah, just the coach at the press conference.

Some here think it's poor form to bash hall who played for us.

As far as I'm concerned, I don't carry over any warm and fuzzy feelings when an ex player lines up against us so I'll bag his sportsmanship without any misplaced residual guilt.

I find bad sportsmanship a lack of good character. Just like that swimmer who admits he cheated to win gold but 'so what.'

Understanding that some of you think 'sports'manship have no place in 'sports' (?) but I'm happy I'm wired to still be tied into old out dated adages such as, well sportsmanship, honour, and integrity.

If I didn't want to see any of that, I could watch soccer and it's diving.:p

The new commission has to be serious about cleaning this aspect up and I'd say it's a professional foul, try gets awarded and 2 mins in the bin for 'fibbing.' (that's right, 2, not 10.) - and mouth washed out with soap.

PS - I like golf.

It happens. He saved his team a try. Whilst I do not agree with diving in principle if one of our own players did it and it helped win us a game I would take it. When the refs are so useless no wonder players do these types of things.

It happens. He saved his team a try. Whilst I do not agree with diving in principle if one of our own players did it and it helped win us a game I would take it. When the refs are so useless no wonder players do these types of things.

Napper said:
I used to like Hall. Not anymore, **** him he's a diving grub. Terrible display of sportsmanship.

But if a Manly player did the same and ultimately saved a crucial try would you feel the same way?

Napper said:
I used to like Hall. Not anymore, **** him he's a diving grub. Terrible display of sportsmanship.

But if a Manly player did the same and ultimately saved a crucial try would you feel the same way?

Wolfpack said:
Ralphie said:
Wolfpack said:

I think Choc looked quite dirty about it when the try was disallowed. He pointed at Hall and said something to him. It's not hard to tell you're a soccer fan Wolfpack. You're too used to players taking dives maybe? :p

Wolfpack said:
Ralphie said:
Wolfpack said:

I think Choc looked quite dirty about it when the try was disallowed. He pointed at Hall and said something to him. It's not hard to tell you're a soccer fan Wolfpack. You're too used to players taking dives maybe? :p

WAMF said:
Napper said:

Bhurer did it last week, do you hate him to Hall haters?

WAMF said:
Napper said:

The Eagle said:
WAMF said:
Napper said:

No, that was obviously different.

The Eagle said:
WAMF said:
Napper said:

No, that was obviously different.

I bet it would be great playing golf with some of these posters, with their Magic pencils.

But the refs have to be held accountable for allowing this to go on.

I bet it would be great playing golf with some of these posters, with their Magic pencils.

But the refs have to be held accountable for allowing this to go on.

Expecting the world to be full of Adam Gilchrist types is naive. Its a wonderful dream and Gilly will long be remembered for his style as well as his hard hitting , But only because he was different to the norm

But then again cricket has long held its culture and standards close to its chest, while the NRL has long thrived on carnivorous back stabbing and self Interest. When you look at what Hall did in perspective to the game/environment he is involved in , its a consistent acceptable behavior pattern, and I don't think he should carry the can for every other wanker that **** on sacred traditions, and setting the bar lower before he was old enough to hold a footy

I cant believe Hall is being held accountable for this by some. If the ref had done his job, hall would be laughed at by all.

When Greg Hartley allowed Manly to score on the 7th tackle, was it Manlys fault, should they have forfetied, should the kicker have said, time out time out, we have already had 6 tackles , give it to parra for a scrum. Greg hartley has carried the can ever since and the Manly team went on to win the GF. Was the kicker labelled a cheat or a scummy dog because he played on

If you cant draw any comparisms to that incident, then obviously its all about the rant and not common sense

Expecting the world to be full of Adam Gilchrist types is naive. Its a wonderful dream and Gilly will long be remembered for his style as well as his hard hitting , But only because he was different to the norm

But then again cricket has long held its culture and standards close to its chest, while the NRL has long thrived on carnivorous back stabbing and self Interest. When you look at what Hall did in perspective to the game/environment he is involved in , its a consistent acceptable behavior pattern, and I don't think he should carry the can for every other wanker that **** on sacred traditions, and setting the bar lower before he was old enough to hold a footy

I cant believe Hall is being held accountable for this by some. If the ref had done his job, hall would be laughed at by all.

When Greg Hartley allowed Manly to score on the 7th tackle, was it Manlys fault, should they have forfetied, should the kicker have said, time out time out, we have already had 6 tackles , give it to parra for a scrum. Greg hartley has carried the can ever since and the Manly team went on to win the GF. Was the kicker labelled a cheat or a scummy dog because he played on

If you cant draw any comparisms to that incident, then obviously its all about the rant and not common sense

Wolfpack said:

Ha ha ha wolfpack spoken like a true man u supporter.Give him a break guys
what player with the ball doesn't try to milk penalties these days.

Wolfpack said:

Ha ha ha wolfpack spoken like a true man u supporter.Give him a break guys
what player with the ball doesn't try to milk penalties these days.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4