Glen and Brett to dogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You can't tell me that when Brett took so long to sign he wasn't holding out for more dollars and knew he was effectively sending his brother else where. We had to off load Vic Mauro and Foz senior to fit the snake under the salary cap at the last minute. More than happy to keep Buhrer and Hiku and build a new culture. Keep hearing about players taking pay cuts in the past? Cuts or just delayed payment? Gifty's suppose to be on 800k+ this year. He should be thankful he dosent play for Gus at the cats. Such a big back ended deal would have seen him dropped to reserves a long time ago.

Every player has a price tag. And if that tag is too high then Manly would do well to avoid over paying that price. Locking up young players like Turbo is more important that providing a player with a retirement fund contract.

There is only so much of the pie to go around and if they want too much then it just doesn't add up.

Notice how the dogs always target more than one player from other clubs.
-Foran and Trex
-Fifita and Liccha
This is an intentional ploy IMO.
I believe the real target is Hiku. The Stewart rumour is a smokescreen. The dogs will now try to sneak under our guard and sign Hiku, while we are busy trying to secure the Stewies.

bones said:
-Foran and Trex
-Fifita and Liccha
I believe the real target is Hiku. The Stewart rumour is a smokescreen. The dogs will now try to sneak under our guard and sign Hiku, while we are busy trying to secure the Stewies.

I agree, they have done this on a few occasions.

Ralphie said:
bones said:
-Foran and Trex
-Fifita and Liccha

Good pick up Bones. Inu & Perret combo comes to mind. He can not be trusted :dodgy:

Why would Brett go to the dogs on less money, he could stay with us and take a pay cut to help keep Glenn

The club should not be held to randsom.
Simply glenn had his time in sun. brett injuried all the time
our future is dce and foz, not gifty harsh but true.

Not even going to bother with this one. Probably total bs but it's both ridiculous and plausible at the same time. Seems anything goes with players at the moment and it is unfair to loyal fans.

Peter C said:
I never thought I'd see the day when Fulton left, but he did, we won the premiership the following year and he ended up being half the player he was at Manly.

That's why at the Roosters he was known as Bob Halfton.

Brissie Kid said:
So Des had the Stewarts at Manly and now gets them at the Dogs because Manly's cap is full of backended deals?

And the NRL won't increase the loyalty $ under the cap as it benefits Manly who develop unknown players into stars and not clubs like the Dogs and Roosters who try to buy star players in?

As if the Dogs would break the bank to sign the Stewart brothers. Some of you guys are seriously delusional!

HappilyManly said:
Ralphie said:
bones said:
-Foran and Trex
-Fifita and Liccha

Good pick up Bones. Inu & Perret combo comes to mind. He can not be trusted :dodgy:

Inu came from the Warriors and Perrett from the Roosters so it doesn't really apply in this case.

I was saying that they target two players from the same club.

Hiku's manager suppose to meet with the eagles today. He's the future. If we start by securing him the dogs will soon lose interest in anyone else.

bones said:
-Foran and Trex
-Fifita and Liccha

Spot on. If the Stewies want to go let them we need to hang onto our young talent Hiku is a star in the making. JB can fill in for Gifty.
The Dogs won't sign The Snake he'll be lucky to play 10 -15 games a year if that.

Brett is Manly, he gives everyone around him the self belief that is needed and that is priceless. Glenn amplifies this five times. If they go, so does the self belief that who ever we buy can in the following year be on the verge of rep duty. The players know what is going on.

Im only going to believe this when Erin Molan or that tosser Danny weidler says its true tomorrow night on the footy show...

If the scumdogs manage even to take a piece of grass from brookvale oval from us , i will become a west coast eagles supporter !!

So the top heavy backloading of contracts created at Manly under Dessie leads to Manly being unable to keep its star players who then go to Dessie at the Dogs.

I do not normally listen to rumours. However they abound:

Have heard via someone who knows 2V, or is in some contact with him, in some capacity outside RL, that Brett is going to (or already has in effect), ask for a release from his contract with MWSE to go play with his brother at the Dogs under Des-imator. :mad: :mad:

Dogs are looking for a quality fullback. Snake has 2-3 years left in him.
MWSE struggling to keep Gifty. MWSE forced to choose between older established stars and the new "Young Set". Join the dots.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6