1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glass half full people

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Matabele, Jul 17, 2005.

1. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Where are you all now?

Still exulting in how wonderful our team is?

Don't let the blood rush to your head as you try to bury it further into the ground. :naughty: :naughty:

2. Blunty

Blunty Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mata I think the point is that even with the addition of Orford and Bell there are still a lack of forwards.

sue and yourself have always argued Orford would be amazing behind our 'origin standard' forward pack. Unfortunately our front row are more deserved of a Jim Beam Cup jersey other than an origin one.

Hill, Witt, Randall, King, Donald all beyond pathetic today.

Hill - replaced with Bell

Witt - replaced with Orford

Randall - ..........

King - ............

Donald - .............

Are we going to be any better next year?

I would be picking this team after the bye, permitting everyone is fit.

1. Stewart
    2. Taylor
    3. Alberts
    4. Matai
    5. Hicks
    6. Monaghan
    7. Burns
    8. Kite
    9. Williamson
    10. Heckenburg
    11.Menzies
    12. Watmough
    13. Kennedy

14. Dunley
    15. Leuluai
    16. Bryant
    17. TBA..........

IMO we need to look towards next year, and in that team Taylor over Donald, Monaghan at 5/8 and Harris gone are all happening for next year.

3. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,120 / 287
    Lets rekindle the "save the monnas" embargo now.
    P>A>T>H>E>T>I>C

I now have my weekends back!

4. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,120 / 287
    Blunty - those premier league players were rank today as well dude, as much as I hate it.

5. Volley

Volley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 21
    When Watmough's fit again, I wouldn't pick him. He's too good for these hacks.

6. sue ridgepipe

sue ridgepipe Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    the word origin was used because three of them played origin.more than almost any club.what standard do you use blunty.

the same imposters stand up for king and monaghan every week.watch the game or shut the **** up.

7. Corso_Pete

Corso_Pete Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    The glass got knocked over and what ever was left in it has now been irretrievably lost for 2005.

There are no excuses and certainly no head in sand attitude. The poor performances of the last 5-6 weeks culminated today with by far our worst game in over 12 months.

We were bad across the park, there can be no excuses. I just don't undertsand how we actually led the compitition and have been in the top 4 all season.

8. lasvegas

lasvegas Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    corso i asked myself the same thing mate,what were the other teams doing for the first half of the season.

9. sue ridgepipe

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    make that 4 origin players blunty.throw in kite.how many do you want .the entire blues squad.

10. Volley

Volley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 21
    Kite is nowhere near Origin level. Our front row is piss poor at best.

11. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    Watmough, Kennedy, Kite, Menzies, Stewart.

The rest let us down week in, week out. Those players my friends can hold their heads high and say for 17 rounds of a season we held manly in the top 4.

12. KaZa

KaZa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 20
    im glad you guys love being right even though we watch Manly get beat over and over....

Enjoy Orford.. we let go of quite a few players for him.. We wont win **** with Orford.. he wil have the same problem as he has at Melbourne.. A GO FORWARD.

We should of went out of our way to pick up Bailey.. or Mason.. or O'hara.

We need a prop who can get us metres. Kearns or Simms id go after. But we cant as were going to pay Orford.

Our centres were abysimal today.. Donald was beyond a joke.

Monas had a mixed bag.. but hes down on confidence. BK also had one of his worse games for us.

We really really really miss Watmough. We also miss INTENSITY and AGGRESSION in defence..

13. sue ridgepipe

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    4 players ahave played origin in the last 12 months.in the days of the cap how many do we have to have before we ask questions of the playmakers and overall ticker..i agree though.we have the worst front rowers in the comp, undeniably the worst centres till alberts had a run and absolutely the worst halves by a country mile..not a good combination.

14. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,466 / 74
    kaZa we dont enjoy being right when it means this kind of crap for manly we would prefer to be wrong if it meant we would see the form we had at the start of the year.

15. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Sadly blokes like Kite, BK and Menzies can't make ALL of King's tackles for him.

16. sue ridgepipe

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    "centres were abysmal"-alberts was best on park for us according to just about everyone while captain courageous was spotted half an hour ago still throwing dummies to cabdrivers on pittwater road.another tidbit from the jester.you're good and only getting btter.

17. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    I heard King was trying to tackle a bus on Pittwater Road and missed that too.

18. Blunty

Blunty Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm not going to get in an argument with you because it is pretty obvious I am only going to lose, but how about instead of bagging every player on the Manly roster you give us an alternative which is legitimate within the rules of the NRL for 2006.

19. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,466 / 74
    Bryant for King
    Burns for Witt
    Orford for Monas
    Dunley for Randall
    Taylor for Donald

Any others you want me to offer?

20. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    I'm not bagging every player. But there are three who should never be in 1st again - King, Donald, Randall.

Why we're letting Harris go ahead of that useless patsy is completely beyond me.