Give the bloke a chance

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
This day of reckoning re our roster was coming.The longer our glory days went the harder the fall when it came to an end.10 years of semis is almost a miracle in modern league.It has come with a lot more controversy and distress than we wanted but we need a solid plan going forward. I said it many times last year and this year that both the halves would go (Foran was always going)after the hissy fit by Foran and co over the Gift issue.They have both gone for very different reasons and it wouldn't have mattered who was running the show,Perry or Kelly, after that ****fight,so endlessly playing the blame game over the issue is a waste of time.Even if there was a f...ck up by either management group they are gone.Move on.

Judging the new bloke on 4 months work in a tricky situation is using the same logic as those bagging Elgey after 2 games.We have some great talent coming through that is ready now- Gutherson,The Trobjevic Boys, Sao looks good and the recruiting for the 20s looks fantastic.Kent also mentioned on 360 we are the first club this year to reallly look hard at GPS schools for recruitment and Bozo has started work in the junior area as well.Also don't forget the bloke who has done a great job over the decade recruiting is still there and for the first time in a few years he has money to spend.Have some faith in a guy like that who has a lot of runs on the board.

I have a gut feeling that there is a plan in place and after some pain we will see it.I am at least willing to give these guys a chance.4 months is simply no time frame to judge on.The main issue we need to sort quickly is the coaching issue either way.That issue if not sorted can be the cancer that derails us.Kelly may be a dud but he needs a chance to put his ideas into place before being lynched.

Last edited:
Agree, it's all gone to **** to date BUT may not be his fault.

We all need to take a chill pill, and whatever will be will be.

*puts down flaming torch and chills out for a second

:mad::mad:@:(I find it hard to chill when we are $2.80 against the chocolate soldiers and $4.00 just to make the eight.
I think the bookies know that our halves have dropped their bundles after watching last weeks game. They are both avoiding to get hurt before commencing their big $$$ contracts next year.
I'm staying on the boil until I see otherwise.
NYEagle

Last edited:
NY I agree re the current situation but Toovey can deal with that issue by making some hard decisions.We mightn't win any more games than we are now but we would have blokes giving 100 per cent wearing the jersey.

My post was about the next 3 to 5 years.We are in the pain and rebuild stage and anyone clinging to the glory days results for the next two years will need to consume copious amounts of grog to dull the pain.

On paper we are not quite rock bottom yet. And to be honest next year will be worse regardless of who we sign. Combinations and plays that worked under the Des structures may no longer be applicable/executable, and the new cattle will take time to learn new ones anyway.

I'm not buying the conspiracy stuff. I'll let Joe have time to implement his plans. I've been around the corporate world long enough to know change takes time. There is also a change related version of the five stages of grief, of which I think a lot of people here are stuck in anger.

Well we don't have a lot of choice TBH. Looks unlikely he is going anywhere in a hurry. Change is always painful. He may or may not have inherited a pretty messy situation, we'll never know the truth. Anyway I'm happy to see how things pan out this year, probably won't be a great season for us based on current form. I'm excited about ushering in the next generation of superstars and watching the team build to another period of dominance. We've had a great run for a decade and this season looks like the season we "had to have".

I did hope that if Foran and DCE were invested in their Manly future that we could have had a much less painful transition post King/Kite/Stewarts x 2/Lyon/Matai/Watmough. They're obviously not so let's just start fresh and get some new blood in who want to be here and want to buy in. Onwards and upwards, let's see how things are looking at the end of the year.

BTW - I also think we get up tomorrow. A lot of talk that they have recognised the effort was not there and will lift tomorrow. You can get $2.85 head to head - get on board!

This day of reckoning re our roster was coming.The longer our glory days went the harder the fall when it came to an end.10 years of semis is almost a miracle in modern league.It has come with a lot more controversy and distress than we wanted but we need a solid plan going forward. I said it many times last year and this year that both the halves would go (Foran was always going)after the hissy fit by Foran and co over the Gift issue.They have both gone for very different reasons and it wouldn't have mattered who was running the show,Perry or Kelly, after that ****fight,so endlessly playing the blame game over the issue is a waste of time.Even if there was a f...ck up by either management group they are gone.Move on.

Judging the new bloke on 4 months work in a tricky situation is using the same logic as those bagging Elgey after 2 games.We have some great talent coming through that is ready now- Gutherson,The Trobjevic Boys, Sao looks good and the recruiting for the 20s looks fantastic.Kent also mentioned on 360 we are the first club this year to reallly look hard at GPS schools for recruitment and Bozo has started work in the junior area as well.Also don't forget the bloke who has done a great job over the decade recruiting is still there and for the first time in a few years he has money to spend.Have some faith in a guy like that who has a lot of runs on the board.

I have a gut feeling that there is a plan in place and after some pain we will see it.I am at least willing to give these guys a chance.4 months is simply no time frame to judge on.The main issue we need to sort quickly is the coaching issue either way.That issue if not sorted can be the cancer that derails us.Kelly may be a dud but he needs a chance to put his ideas into place before being lynched.
Don't agree, I hold Kelly & Penn responsible for the mess of losing our halves.... I could of handled losing one but both is just unforgivable, these two are stars and the club has told us not worry they have a plan to deliver stars to our side in replacement...... when really they have :swear: up royally and are just about all out of options to produce a quality set of halves .

The halves are gone.What possible value is playing the blame game.They are gone and are not coming back regardless of whose fault it was.Move on.

If the alternative to my idea of giving a bloke a reasonable period of time to do the job who was employed to do is to sack him after 4 months over an issue that no one will ever really know what happened then that will do me! That would be the definition of a club in crisis.

I did hope that if Foran and DCE were invested in their Manly future that we could have had a much less painful transition post King/Kite/Stewarts x 2/Lyon/Matai/Watmough. They're obviously not

Appreciate I cut your post there, but DCE was invested at one point. There was a rumour he was pissed off because he was not (as Australian/Origin player) considered a member of the leadership group.

I always wondered who was in that group, and as the team started to disintegrate, what that group did.

But...I've never read a single article confirming the make up of it.

Already a signing from the GPS school. The club must have a plan. As long as they keep our young guns, I think we will be ok. Give the new management team time and lets see how we move forward

Bottom line for me is; saying a CEO needs more than 4 months and comparing him to the Titans 1/2 is a real stretch. One has "runs" on the board, one doesn't. I do agree he needs some more time to "implement" whatever his strategy is (and I am sure we all would like to know) but time is quickly running out. What he doesn't need is the Penn's coming out and contradicting him or making statements that are completely off the mark. God help him if Zorba takes a dislike to him!

Talk is cheap Mark lets see how you pull up over a 30 point drubbing lol then I will believe you.

Hopefully the forwards develop and the enthusiasm levels rise off the back of this.

I did say " trying".

It's just that I doubt we can get much worse and I'm now expecting not to win a game for some time so I guess I'm trying to be impervious to it all.

If we get done by 30,40 or even 50 tomorrow night my approach will be just to avoid the forum for a few days .

It's not doing my enjoyment of the game in general to get caught up
In the hysteria, so if that happens a short holiday will be in order .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4